MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Wimbledon
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Reply

Andy at Wimbledon

If it's obviously true, then surely, your point is moot.  God forbid anyone ever knows and embraces his or her own worth, eh?

It is impossible for anyone to be a judge of his own worth. It would be like voting for yourself in a popularity contest.  Blessed are the humble, for they shall inherit the earth.
IP Logged

You know the worst thing about that quote? - the adjective "other" .  That really gives the lie to the man's arrogance. It's for others to judge his pedigree, not him, even though it's obviously true.

I thought that at the time FR.    Other than yourself maybe?   I don't like his arrogance but what I dislike even more is that the comms don't recognise it.
IP Logged

It is impossible for anyone to be a judge of his own worth. It would be like voting for yourself in a popularity contest.  Blessed are the humble, for they shall inherit the earth.
You mean - a bit like Alex Salmond?   Think  Please don't spout the Bible at me.  It won't wash.
IP Logged

You mean - a bit like Alex Salmond?   Think  Please don't spout the Bible at me.  It won't wash.
  It's a quote, is all - and I would be the last to deny that Alex Salmond has an enormous ego, so what?  I can still admire his political, debating and leadership skills while having doubts about his personality
IP Logged

It's a quote, is all - and I would be the last to deny that Alex Salmond has an enormous ego, so what?  I can still admire his political, debating and leadership skills while having doubts about his personality
I've no words.  Comparisons are not even relevant.
IP Logged

I've no words.  Comparisons are not even relevant.
it was you that made it sweetie
IP Logged

it was you that made it sweetie
I was wondering how long it would take you?  Very Happy  One step ahead!  lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Reply