MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Wimbledon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 20 Reply

Andy at Wimbledon

Alas I think Andy is going to withdraw later today.

If he ends up withdrawing l'd be surprised if it happens before Sunday - he'd surely want to give himself time to see hiw things go over the weekend before pulling the plug? Reports from some of the journalists aren't good, but then they were also terrible on the Friday before RG.
IP Logged

Lucky Loser Alexander 'Sasha' Bublik for Andy in the first round. There's a funny video somewhere of Sasha interviewing Andy earlier on this year - think he said something like 'should I call you sir?'

These from Andy's practice session earlier, he's supposed to be out there again now.

* image.jpeg (40.47 KB. 680x453 - viewed 428 times.)

* image.jpeg (56.5 KB. 510x680 - viewed 430 times.)

[ Last edit by amongsttheleaves June 30, 2017, 01:38 pm ] IP Logged

* image.jpeg (77.7 KB. 1326x486 - viewed 185 times.)

* image.jpeg (66.52 KB. 1311x435 - viewed 198 times.)

IP Logged

Doesn't the draw look like a red carpet rolled out for Federer. Loads of tormended warriors on his side of the draw. And of course his results this year and results in the past against potential opponents.
[ Last edit by flowerpower June 30, 2017, 04:28 pm ] IP Logged

As someone posted on another website, Andy walking round a tennis court looking half dead and grimacing is just about par for the course. Sounds to me like he is near 100% fit. However if this guy he is playing on Monday has had 2 or 3 competitive matches in qualifying then Andy's lack of match practice on the green could be crucial. We saw what happened at Queens.
IP Logged
deb

Doesn't the draw look like a red carpet rolled out for Federer. Loads of tormended warriors on his side of the draw. And of course his results this year and results in the past against potential opponents.
Yep  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged

Alas I think Andy is going to withdraw later today.

Is that inside information?
IP Logged

Is that inside information?
From Stu Fraser's second tweet it doesn't sound very likely.  Also as ATL says if he does decide to withdraw it will probably be on Sunday.

According to the latest update, from David Gunn in The Scotsman -

The world number one was hitting and serving smoothly but in between rallies limped, grimaced and occasionally bent over in apparent pain.

Murray, however, often owns a deceptively weary demeanour on court and after his first block of training in the morning, split over two hours, he indicated some optimism about playing his opening match on Monday.

“I hope so, that’s the plan,” Murray said. “I’m practising again later. I just had a light practice this morning to see how I feel and I’ll practise again later.”

After completing a second session at Aorangi Park, Murray added: “The session was good. I’m feeling OK.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/tennis/andy-murray/concern-for-andy-murray-as-he-limps-ahead-of-wimbledon-1-4491583

IP Logged

Can't believe we have Federer the favourite for Wimbledon again :ugh:
IP Logged

Lucky Loser Alexander 'Sasha' Bublik for Andy in the first round. There's a funny video somewhere of Sasha interviewing Andy earlier on this year - think he said something like 'should I call you sir?'
Andy starts at 2:00 -

IP Logged

All this talk about Andy withdrawing.... my-my such speculating.  Then you see that he is playing doubles with his brother, does it make sense that he would do that if he was considering withdrawing???  I have to believe in Andy to do what is best for him.  I will be terribly disappointed if he withdraws, but he must do what he must.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Andy to handle what he must handle.
IP Logged

the paranoia some of you have about federer is a bit odd...
IP Logged

All this talk about Andy withdrawing.... my-my such speculating.  Then you see that he is playing doubles with his brother, does it make sense that he would do that if he was considering withdrawing???  I have to believe in Andy to do what is best for him.  I will be terribly disappointed if he withdraws, but he must do what he must.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Andy to handle what he must handle.

doubles with jamie?? the article about that was regarding them possibly teaming up before they retire.
IP Logged

The BBC website just stated that Andy was pleased and feeling great after his practises today  pray
IP Logged

The BBC website just stated that Andy was pleased and feeling great after his practises today  pray

He's fit as a fiddle.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 20 Reply