MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy & Kim to wed in Dunblane Cathedral
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29 Reply

Andy & Kim to wed in Dunblane Cathedral

Tempted to go...
IP Logged

Tempted to go...

Go for it!  Your welcome to meet me and my mum for a celebration cocktail after to toast the happy couple Wink   cheers band
IP Logged

Thanks angie.  I'll have a wee think on it.  It would be an amazing day for sure.  Never been to Dunblane before so that alone would be great.  Very Happy
IP Logged

Thanks angie.  I'll have a wee think on it.  It would be an amazing day for sure.  Never been to Dunblane before so that alone would be great.  Very Happy

Come along, I think I am going to make the trip too.  It will be an amazing day.
IP Logged

Thinking about it... Have family birthday to consider though!
IP Logged

You can't organise a cathedral wedding at "short" notice - I reckon it was always going to be there! after all, with Andys family, Kims family, their friends they are wanting to invite, I suspect it was always there. 

Dunblane actually surprised me as a venue as it's usually the bride's home town (so that would have been London area) that you go with (eg - My husband is from Kent, I'm originally from Yorkshire, although we live in Kent, we married in Leeds) - Banns have to be read in BOTH parishes (at least it used to have to be lol) so this could still all be a red herring Wink
Andy did say it would be up to Kim to decide, but like you I never really believed they'd get married in the tiny chapel at Cromlix.  Then when he mentioned the other day about best men and bridesmaids it was obvious it wasn't going to be there.  I must admit though that the cathedral came as bit of a surprise!
IP Logged
deb

I am!! Going up with mum, have already booked a restaurant on the high st for our dinner lol. Tried to book a b&b/ hotel for that night also but unsurprisingly they are all full.
Oh fabulous, hope you get to see them  Smile
IP Logged
deb

Hopefully only ones they release though - I'd hate the thought of papperazi invading the Cathedral!
oh i agree eeyorebob .
IP Logged

oh i agree eeyorebob .
I would think security will be very tight deb.
IP Logged

I just hope we are able to see some photographs which of course will be taken. I wish them a great day and of course a very happy married life. I am sure if the marriage is to be in the cathedral there will be plenty of security. I'm sure all on MW would wish them a very happy day for their wedding. wub wub wub
IP Logged
deb

I would think security will be very tight deb.
I hope so Aileen, just won't them to have a very special day .
IP Logged

I hope so Aileen, just won't them to have a very special day .
Given that this clearly wasn't an overnight decision, the police and other security people should have had ample time to get a plan worked out.

Sad to say many of the comments I've looked at below newspaper articles (I know I shouldn't but couldn't resist having a quick look) are so nasty you wouldn't believe it, especially as many of them include Kim.
IP Logged

I saw them too Aileen. You have to wonder at the tiny minds of people who not only think such ludicrous (and often blatantly untrue), nasty things but also go to the bother of posting them.  Andy and Kim worth a million of them!
IP Logged

A wedding snippet from the media: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11496640/Andy-Murray-wedding-Dunblane-to-be-decked-with-bunting-for-tennis-stars-big-day.html

The streets of Dunblane are to be decked with bunting and wedding bows when Scots tennis ace Andy Murray gets married there next month.
Traders in the town met this week to discuss arrangements for the big event, in which thousands of tennis fans from all over the country are expected to throng the narrow streets.
IP Logged

A wedding snippet from the media: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11496640/Andy-Murray-wedding-Dunblane-to-be-decked-with-bunting-for-tennis-stars-big-day.html

The streets of Dunblane are to be decked with bunting and wedding bows when Scots tennis ace Andy Murray gets married there next month.
Traders in the town met this week to discuss arrangements for the big event, in which thousands of tennis fans from all over the country are expected to throng the narrow streets.
It sounds like it's going to be a great day for all.  I was wondering if they might do a wee tour round the streets, but on reflection (a) I don't think that's quite their scene, and (b) it would mean even more security having to be provided, something which would be costly for the local council.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29 Reply