MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy Murray Live - Annual Charity Event
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 Reply

Andy Murray Live - Annual Charity Event

It was great to see Andy walk on court last night, my eyes welled up and tears were running down my face, couldn't help it so miss this guy. No prisoners alright, Fed was playing to win lol!  I thought Andy still had a slight limp when walking, but he sure was happy to be on court.
IP Logged

Hi everyone

It felt special to see Andy playing again last night.
And I think he did very well !
Obviously I didn't see him win the match unless an arrangement was made between the players (fed won in his charity match).
But Andy's shot was good to world class on a few points.
He just lack of "pop" in his shots, speed and his movement is a bit rusty and still a bit impacted by hip.
I was a bit scared for his career to be honest and a lot of things can still happen until he actually returns to the court, but I think he his right on track !
IP Logged

According to BBC News, Andy and Kim have another baby girl.    No more details.
IP Logged

^  Great news, I think it's true Smile
IP Logged

I've just seen it. Great news as well and congrats to Kim and Andy !
IP Logged
deb

Hi everyone

It felt special to see Andy playing again last night.
And I think he did very well !
Obviously I didn't see him win the match unless an arrangement was made between the players (fed won in his charity match).
But Andy's shot was good to world class on a few points.
He just lack of "pop" in his shots, speed and his movement is a bit rusty and still a bit impacted by hip.
I was a bit scared for his career to be honest and a lot of things can still happen until he actually returns to the court, but I think he his right on track !
was a great match lots of fun really enjoyed it . I’m worried about Andy as he seemed so stiff in his movement still , but hoping he’s going in the right direction . Fabulous news about the new baby . Congratulations to both of them Smile
IP Logged

According to BBC News, Andy and Kim have another baby girl.    No more details.
Born two weeks ago apparently, but no name announced yet.  Wonderful news! Smile

was a great match lots of fun really enjoyed it . I’m worried about Andy as he seemed so stiff in his movement still , but hoping he’s going in the right direction .
According to him he is, and no required surgery either, so fingers crossed.  When asked about his hip after the event Andy quite rightly told The Express to mind it's own business saying -

"There are a few things going on in my hip that I don't need to talk about here.

"Surgery was not recommended for me and obviously that's great. You never know how you're going to come back from surgery. If you can go a conservative route it's better."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/876932/Andy-Murray-hip-injury-Roger-Federer
[ Last edit by Aileen November 08, 2017, 01:33 pm ] IP Logged

Born two weeks ago apparently, but no name announced yet.  Wonderful news! Smile

Much as I'd like more details I do admire the pair of them in their determination to have a private family life.
IP Logged

Much as I'd like more details I do admire the pair of them in their determination to have a private family life.
Same with me ILA.  The fact that mother and daughter are both well, is all I care about.
IP Logged

[ Last edit by Tonedial November 08, 2017, 04:01 pm ] IP Logged
deb

According to him he is, and no required surgery either, so fingers crossed.  When asked about his hip after the event Andy quite rightly told The Express to mind it's own business saying -

"There are a few things going on in my hip that I don't need to talk about here.

"Surgery was not recommended for me and obviously that's great. You never know how you're going to come back from surgery. If you can go a conservative route it's better."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/876932/Andy-Murray-hip-injury-Roger-Federer
Andy is a very private person as we know, so good for him he keeps as much private as he can Aileen.
IP Logged

Well to my inexpert eye I thought Andy did pretty well all things considering.  And he played some pretty decent tennis in the second set (though I suspect Fed held back slightly to make sure it went the distance).   And there were some glimpses of that old Murray magic,  Like others it brought home how much I'd missed seeing him on court.  
I only watched a bit of the dubs and recorded the rest but I did think his movement looked pretty impaired after the break.  Perhaps that was inevitable.  I've just read a really downbeat piece by Andrew Castle on BBC website, which was a real downer.  I don't rate him at all but he did have a hip op himself so I suppose he might know something about hips and stuff.  Rolling Eyes
 I'll try and find it and add the link.   Here it is  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/41917209
IP Logged

I think considering Andy not playing since July, he did say he was a little worried when he came into the match about how he would feel, that I would expect him to be a little sore after playing Federer to then come right back to play doubles. 
Another baby girl, congrats to him and Kim.  Amazing two weeks ago and no news about it until now.
IP Logged

Andy Murray 'clearly uncomfortable' with hip problem - Andrew Castle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/41917209

I really hope this is Castle just trying to get a headline. I am however preparing myself for the worst and think that this hip injury may shorten or even end his career  nervous
IP Logged

Well he certainly looked better than when he played Querrey at Wimbledon.

On a more positive note than the Andrew Castle article, it may be that Andy needs to trust his hip again. Maybe he was a bit reluctant to push himself to the limit yesterday.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 Reply