MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray on Twitter & Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 ... 222 Reply

Murray on Twitter & Facebook

I read his tweet for a coach as a rather neutral one. People were asked for their choice of a coach for themselves, not for Andy. I do not know where the  hadlines come from that "Murray is searching for a coach on Twitter". Or have I misunderstood something?
IP Logged

It has been confirmed on the BBC sport/tennis site that Andy's tweet re his new coach was an April's Fool. Confirmed by his management. wub Whistle
I don't get how on earth that can be considered an April Fools but each to their own.
[ Last edit by Mark April 01, 2014, 04:34 PM ] IP Logged

I don't get how on earth that can be considered an April Fools but each to their own.

Why not?  It was a typically Andy joke and put out on the morning of April 1st - ergo it was an April Fool.
IP Logged

Why not?  It was a typically Andy joke and put out on the morning of April 1st - ergo it was an April Fool.
Last time was a joke because he actually announced something and it was surprising and amusing. That is essentially the definition of an April Fools joke. This was just a stale single sentence letting us know of a pending announcement and a normal one at that.

I don't mean to sound all serious on this but I just love April Fools for creating laughs and surprising people, so get disappointed when neither of those opportunities are taken. Smile
[ Last edit by Mark April 01, 2014, 05:05 PM ] IP Logged

the effect on the bookies was interesting - this morning Darren Cahill's odds had shortened greatly, but now that the 'hoax' is revealed his odds have gone back out to 7-1
IP Logged

Last time was a joke because he actually announced something and it was shocking and amusing. This was just a stale single sentence letting us know of a pending announcement and a normal one at that.

I don't mean to sound all serious on this but I just love April Fools for creating laughs and surprising people, so get disappointed when neither of those opportunities are taken. Smile

One sec, what was the 'joke' exactly? That he is going to announce his new coach tomorrow?
IP Logged

One sec, what was the 'joke' exactly? That he is going to announce his new coach tomorrow?
Yeah....
IP Logged

Yeah....

Hmm, I find it a little lame....maybe because I didn't fall for it, or don't think anyone really did. Thought he would come up with something better.
IP Logged

Hmm, I find it a little lame....maybe because I didn't fall for it, or don't think anyone really did. Thought he would come up with something better.
I was fooled because it just isn't an April Fools joke. There was no risk factor at all, no humour and no surprise. it was just a bland statement.

It's analogous to me falsely stating on this forum that I bought a new phone and afterwards telling you to look at the date. That doesn't actually make it an April Fools joke, it simply wouldn't qualify and neither does Andy's.

I can't believe I'm talking so seriously about this, just goes to show my level of disappointment because we all know Andy has a great sense of humour Smile
[ Last edit by Mark April 01, 2014, 05:23 PM ] IP Logged

I was fooled because it just isn't an April Fools joke. There was no risk factor at all, no humour and no surprise. it was just a bland statement.

It's analogous to me falsely stating on this forum that I bought a new phone and afterwards telling you to look at the date. That doesn't actually make it an April Fools joke just because I want it to be, it simply wouldn't qualify and neither does Andy's.

I can't believe I'm talking so seriously about this, I certainly feel lame for that.

Not the same thing Mark.     No-one is waiting to hear about your new phone.    I didn't fall for the Scottish Davis Cup one either but it was a good joke.    Someone will have believed it even if only for a moment.
IP Logged

Not the same thing Mark.     No-one is waiting to hear about your new phone.    I didn't fall for the Scottish Davis Cup one either but it was a good joke.    Someone will have believed it even if only for a moment.

shocking ...
IP Logged

Maybe the April Fool is the announcement by his management that it was an April Fool.  Think

Wouldn't put anything past Andy's dry soh.
IP Logged

Not the same thing Mark.     No-one is waiting to hear about your new phone.
It's not exactly the same thing but the lack of anticipation surely doesn't take anything away from the point being made.

Maybe the April Fool is the announcement by his management that it was an April Fool.  Think
Now that would actually be somewhat amusing. Very Happy
IP Logged

I think it was a "surprise" to the BBC, Sky sports and Yahoo sports who all ran with the story. LOL.  Anyway, I thought it was funny.
IP Logged

Now that would actually be somewhat amusing. Very Happy

That's how my soh works, Markie. yes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 ... 222 Reply