Predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Copil in 2
Copil in 3

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Reply

Antwerp QF: Andy Murray vs Marius Copil

Andy's hot shot against Copil

https://www.atptour.com/en/video/video-search-results/hot-shot-murray-delivers-magic-in-antwerp-2019
IP Logged

watching the P&H match - very tight and currently over 2 hours - so at least Andy will be facing an oppent who has had a tough match
I haven't been watching it, just keeping an eye on the score, but agree that we could see one tired player vs another, with Andy hopefully winning, although I'm not sure how he would fare should he make the final.  Wawrinka has always been tough for him and18 year old Jannik Sinner is quite something!
[ Last edit by Aileen October 18, 2019, 11:16 pm ] IP Logged

Humbert wins - pretty impressive play. reminded me of a young Andy at times with some of his play.
Andy will need to box clever against him
IP Logged

Humbert wins - pretty impressive play. reminded me of a young Andy at times with some of his play.
Andy will need to box clever against him
Might look at some of the replay, but I did have a strong feeling Humbert would do it.
IP Logged

It was great Andy found his way after loosing t he second set (5/2  and loosing serve at 5/3 and match point in the t break).
Form a live perspective; right from the start Andy was agiteded, in talking,  hands, and head.  Mostly against tis box.Almost after wacht point, even the good ones. Lots more than usual. Saw rarely self encouraging. (And people in Belgium likes that, they love Stan...)
After the match his tank was just empty. Tried to ask for a signature but it was a bit chaos with screaming people.  (He looked a bit skinny to me -in his face- watching him in one arm  lenght distance!)

[ Last edit by flowerpower October 19, 2019, 08:15 am ] IP Logged

Well done Andy you have shown that strength and resilience to come back and win. A lot of hard work has gone into his return to competitive tennis.

In three hard sets he has shown us that he has the will and the skills to return to the top level in tennis and like many others I was very happy to see him play in this tournament.

He was exhausted at the end of the match and showed his emotions but was obviously very happy to have got through a hard match now we know that he is capable of returning to first class tennis.
IP Logged

Well done Andy you have shown that strength and resilience to come back and win. A lot of hard work has gone into his return to competitive tennis.

In three hard sets he has shown us that he has the will and the skills to return to the top level in tennis and like many others I was very happy to see him play in this tournament.

He was exhausted at the end of the match and showed his emotions but was obviously very happy to have got through a hard match now we know that he is capable of returning to first class tennis.
Think you're on the wrong match thread LB, but I agree with you.  Would never have even considered this title possible back in January.
IP Logged

@Aileen I haven't had any posts from todays match so I tried to find it and this seems appropriate.

I was very pleased for Andy he showed a lot of determination. Was very happy that he won.
IP Logged

@Aileen I haven't had any posts from todays match so I tried to find it and this seems appropriate.

I was very pleased for Andy he showed a lot of determination. Was very happy that he won.
I wasn't criticising you LB and I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well recently, so hope you're feeling better now.

I think Andy is one in a million and a wonderful role model for youngsters to follow.  Guts, will-power and sheer bloody-minded determination, he has these in spades as well as being a really lovely, genuine person.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Reply