MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  AO QF : Murray v Dolgopolov
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 41 Reply

AO QF : Murray v Dolgopolov

Do let us know if you manage to come to Wimbledon as we'd love to welcome you to these shores.  You're doing such a great job for Andy and you could provide a good example for some of the Brits!  Do hope you get to meet him.
I'd love to come to AO some time.  I was in Melbourne late last year and realised just how central RLA is.  Loved Melbourne and loved Australia so really hope to go back some time.
Keep on trucking Andy's Aussie Boys (and occasional girl)!

Oh and don't people think it's unfair that Andy has been given a day match yet again - though thankfully doesn't seem too hot at present out there.
I'll make sure I do. Thankyou also.

I know what you mean, forgot to put sunscreen on the last two games! Hopefully we will have seats in the shade tomorrow.  lol
IP Logged

Ahh, too easy.

Have you been across here before to the AO?

Afraid not. I have a mate in Melbourne (my web designer) who sends me the programmes, though.

Am just researching the cost of the French Open - £250 a ticket and that's just day one... £1250 for the final.
IP Logged
Joe

Afraid not. I have a mate in Melbourne (my web designer) who sends me the programmes, though.

Am just researching the cost of the French Open - £250 a ticket and that's just day one... £1250 for the final.

Are you having an utter giraffe? £250????? shocking

I assume that's the best seats in the house...
IP Logged

That's through a ticket agency. I've emailed the FTF directly to see if they're any cheaper. They're at Avenue Gordon Bennett. Perhaps the address is on account of the reaction they get to the ticket prices.
IP Logged

You'll have to get over here one day.

Tickets for the final here are $360 I'm fairly sure. Fortunately for us we haven't had to pay for tickets.
IP Logged
Caz

What? Suppose I'd better start buying lottery tickets again! Hey Nigel, Mark let me change my username and I've been promoted to 'Junior' now......Ha! You guys can still call me Carole though!
IP Logged

I'll make sure I do. Thankyou also.

I know what you mean, forgot to put sunscreen on the last two games! Hopefully we will have seats in the shade tomorrow.  lol

I was thinking of Andy not you AussieAndyFan!   Whistle

But yes I'll hope for shade for you.  Enjoy the match.  

I suspect I'll wake up for 4am as I'll be so wound up about it.  But having not managed to see any of the matches live yet all the way through I'm afraid of jinxing it, if I watch this one live.  How stupid can you get? nervous nervous
IP Logged

I was thinking of Andy not you AussieAndyFan!   Whistle

But yes I'll hope for shade for you.  Enjoy the match. 

Haha. It's been raining for the past couple of hours, so it won't be too hot.
IP Logged

Now that I know the Andy-version lyrics to that MacDonald song, I'll be singing it to the telly tomorrow!

cmonandy pray

IP Logged

Ok to be positive....if Andy is pro-active he has some chance against Nadal!

He always will be, he knows how to beat him, play aggressive and hit through him.
IP Logged
Caz

I was thinking of Andy not you AussieAndyFan!   Whistle

But yes I'll hope for shade for you.  Enjoy the match. 

I suspect I'll wake up for 4am as I'll be so wound up about it.  But having not managed to see any of the matches live yet all the way through I'm afraid of jinxing it, if I watch this one live.  How stupid can you get? nervous nervous
Is that the time the match starts....4am?
IP Logged

Is that the time the match starts....4am?

4am UK time but probably 3pm in Australia...if my calculation is right. He's the third game on RLA, and the first game starts at 11am in Melbourne.
IP Logged

Haha. It's been raining for the past couple of hours, so it won't be too hot.

That's good.  I recall the weather changes by the hour in Melbourne though!
Btw I think you'll find Wimbledon a rather tougher nut to crack in terms of seeing Andy's matches.  You have to put your names in a ballot and you have no control over which day or court you get and that's if you're lucky and get anything. Also maximum of 2 tickets per person.   
IP Logged
Caz

4am UK time but probably 3pm in Australia...if my calculation is right. He's the third game on RLA, and the first game starts at 11am in Melbourne.
Thanks Earmuffs! So 11am in Oz is 10pm uk and allowing 2 hours per match?
IP Logged

That's good.  I recall the weather changes by the hour in Melbourne though!
Btw I think you'll find Wimbledon a rather tougher nut to crack in terms of seeing Andy's matches.  You have to put your names in a ballot and you have no control over which day or court you get and that's if you're lucky and get anything. Also maximum of 2 tickets per person.   

The trick is to join a UK tennis club. That way, you get priority in the ballot. As a club member, I've been able to get centre court or No.1 court tickets every year (although no control on dates). I can think of clubs in my area that charge as little as £50 for a year's membership.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 41 Reply