MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  AO QF : Murray v Dolgopolov
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Reply

AO QF : Murray v Dolgopolov

you think with andy's current form he'll get a chance to beat rafa? serve's a bit off today.

still, HE'S THROUGH TO THE SF!
IP Logged

Someone on MTF just compared Dolgo to Davydenko. What the ****?
IP Logged

Someone on MTF just compared Dolgo to Davydenko. What the f**k?

Yeah, saw that. What the **** indeed - he's absolutely nothing like Donkey.
IP Logged
Caz

I think that was one of the worst matches I've ever seen!
IP Logged

Not quite winning ugly but I thought he played well. He knows he could have done better, just by the lack of celebration. Cringed at the interviews - what do you know about ferrer? What did they expect him to say? I absolutely creamed him at the o2 ? He's no.7 in the world for christ sake! Give me that job - even my dog could do better!!!
IP Logged

Phew, too close for comfort. Andy seemed to have no energy and how he struggles when his serve is off no
But hey! A win is a win is a win  cmon yeah
So buck yourself up Andy and take it to Rafa. yes, assumption but will there be any other result?
IP Logged
Caz

Phew, too close for comfort. Andy seemed to have no energy and how he struggles when his serve is off no
But hey! A win is a win is a win  cmon yeah
So buck yourself up Andy and take it to Rafa. yes, assumption but will there be any other result?
He'll be much happier against Rafa 'cos he'll know what he's up against and what he has to do.
IP Logged

Yeah Caz, and to be fair to Andy Dolgopolov is a trixy character. You can't get any rhythm against him cos he lurches from sheer brilliance to sheer tennis courts in the park level, not just in a set but also in a game Shrug Not making any excuses for Andy just a possible explanation unsure
Also, will be a night match against Rafa so Andy and the crowd will be very pumped up. All very flat and weird  today.
IP Logged

Yeah Caz, and to be fair to Andy Dolgopolov is a trixy character. You can't get any rhythm against him cos he lurches from sheer brilliance to sheer tennis courts in the park level, not just in a set but also in a game Shrug Not making any excuses for Andy just a possible explanation unsure
Also, will be a night match against Rafa so Andy and the crowd will be very pumped up. All very flat and weird  today.

I was thinking the same blueberryhill.  Combination of that and it being something of an off day for Andy though at least his serve improved after the first set.  He should never have let it go to 4 sets but as the commentators were saying perhaps not such a bad thing and as it wasn't hot he won't have expended too much energy.
IP Logged
Caz

I think Dolgo came across as a lovely guy! Not as lovely as 'Oor Andy' though. The way he applauded or nodded when Andy hit a good one, as opposed to pumping his fist every time Andy lost a point showed great respect. I wanted to hate him.....but, I really liked the man!
IP Logged
Caz

Glad Andy beat him though!!
IP Logged

Got up at 0730 to find that my Sky+ recording of the match had failed  Brick wall.  Reading on here that it wasn't a great match makes me feel better though.  Better to miss this one than the next.
IP Logged

An Injured Rafael Nadal is down 2 sets and a break to David Ferrer. Murray must fancy his chances against Ferrer on a hard court. Hopefully Fed vs Dork will be an 5 set epic, and we get our first Scottish Grand Slam Champ.

pray clap yay
[ Last edit by wildster January 26, 2011, 11:06 am ] IP Logged

D
An Injured Rafael Nadal is down 2 sets and a break to David Ferrer. Murray must fancy his chances against Ferrer on a hard court. Hopefully Fed vs Dork will be an 5 set epic, and we get our first Scottish Grand Slam Champ.

pray clap yay

Ah been following on live score and couldn't understand why Ferrer appeared to be winning in straight sets.  What's the injury?  What a shame for Rafa but must improve Andy's chances.
And Carole I agree re Dolgo - nice to see such respect from him.  I'm sure he'll be in the top 20 soon. 
IP Logged

D
Ah been following on live score and couldn't understand why Ferrer appeared to be winning in straight sets.  What's the injury?  What a shame for Rafa but must improve Andy's chances.
And Carole I agree re Dolgo - nice to see such respect from him.  I'm sure he'll be in the top 20 soon. 

Apparently his hamstring.

Have to be honest, I don't see an awful lot wrong with his movement. He seemed mentally beaten as soon as he got the injury. That was the real problem.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Reply