MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2015 Final; Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 84 Reply

Australian Open 2015 Final; Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic

Well he clearly does have the mentality seeing as he's won two Slams.  You're making yourself appear really silly now.  Give it up.
l

Sorry I meant another slam. Post edited.
Seriously, how can he not be disappointed?
IP Logged

I agree Iluvandy far too many on this forum like to take the easy way out because Andy lost, in my opinion the are all GUTLESS can't speak well enough when Andy wins but spineless when he loses. This forum does not require this type of so called fans of which far to many are on MW.This is not the first time that Djokovic has shown such bad behaviour, remember him hitting the ball over the net. His explanation was he wasn't aware of the rule. What a load of Shit I hope in future Andy does not judge him on his demeanour as he should know it is false.
IP Logged

I see your point. Andy can win more slams, but only if he sorts out the mental issues. Trying to be positive with the way he has played this week, but it was very alarming in terms of the way he fell apart to lose 8 straight games. In those 8 games, his body language and shot selection were reminiscent of the Fed match at the O2.

I see nothing wrong with Cash's comments. He does need to ask himself the question in terms of how this happened. He was on the verge of breaking at 3 - 3. Everything changed after that, it wasn't even a gradual thing. It was like a switch being flicked.

I hope to God he finds a way to deal with it.
I completely agree with you! Technically Andy had everything to win this tournament more than other times( great smash and forehand down the line for example, two shots not too natural for him), but mentally he holds this attitude to exit from the match, to lose the game plan for some unknowed reason, to implode... That's the hardest challenge for Amelie and the staff!
IP Logged

l

I thought he looked a wee bit disappointed during the presentation.
IP Logged

l

Give the guy a break!  Of course he's disappointed, but what does he say?  Oh, I'm crap and I didn't prepare well, yada yada?  I'll just beat myself up with a big stick? 

He prepared well, competed well, and unfortunately lost it a bit latterly.  He'll be busy trying to get his own head around what's happened and working out how he can prevent it from happening again. 
IP Logged

i would agree it's his best chance right now with Novak's current form.  It's anyone's best chance, not just Andy's.  Novak is riding a wave of success right now which just sees him going from strength to strength, an unstoppable force.  Except he's not unstoppable, no player is.  Andy just needs to keep on keeping on, chipping away, carving a path to victory, never giving up.  He must keep his motivation and hunger strong.  His time will come again, he's too good for it not to, but it'll take patience, perseverence, and maybe a little bit of good fortune.
IP Logged

Agree with those day by Andy was spent by midpoint of the third set. Nearly a copy of the AO 2013, and we've seen it in other battles with him too.

It's depressing to see it confirmed again but even a very fit Murray can't usually last in such a close battle against Novak. But it doesn't mean Andy has no chance in future. Rather he has to reach a level where he can avoid tie breaks and such long sets. Incredibly hard, but it us possible. If he had broken for 4-6 in the second he may have done better in the third.
IP Logged

I thought he looked a wee bit disappointed during the presentation.
He was gutted, ILA.  Nobody knows better than Andy that he missed chances. 
IP Logged

Congrats Andy....well done for a great tournament...you gave me a lot of pleasure and you were so close...be proud...I am proud of you!
IP Logged

Give the guy a break!  Of course he's disappointed, but what does he say?  Oh, I'm crap and I didn't prepare well, yada yada?  I'll just beat myself up with a big stick? 

He prepared well, competed well, and unfortunately lost it a bit latterly.  He'll be busy trying to get his own head around what's happened and working out how he can prevent it from happening again. 

Not saying he didn't prepare well. But nothing wrong with admitting disappointment.
IP Logged
MT

#Murray "I couldn't have done anything more. I couldn't have prepared better. So I can't be disappointed." #ausopen

This is a bit concerning. Considering what the end result looked like.
This will be the poor guy trying to cut off the flack before it begins. leave him alone he did absolutely brilliantly against a tennis machine who is number one in the world and hardly missed a shot.Andy would have had to raise his game to a previously unseen level in order to win today. I am very proud of how he got a set  and fought so bravely.
IP Logged

Agree with those day by Andy was spent by midpoint of the third set. Nearly a copy of the AO 2013, and we've seen it in other battles with him too.

It's depressing to see it confirmed again but even a very fit Murray can't usually last in such a close battle against Novak. But it doesn't mean Andy has no chance in future. Rather he has to reach a level where he can avoid tie breaks and such long sets. Incredibly hard, but it us possible. If he had broken for 4-6 in the second he may have done better in the third.

If it was a physical thing then that's also worrying, considering he's had his training block.
IP Logged

Not saying he didn't prepare well. But nothing wrong with admitting disappointment.
Sorry - but I just don't think it's what these guys do in this situation.  They're too busy thinking about what they need to work on for future tournaments.
IP Logged

Nothing wrong with admitting disappointment but this speaks to his confidence going forward.  He's not going to dwell on this; he knows it was a fantastic start to the season and that it'll only help him as he progresses, not hinder him.  A positive mindset indeed.  We should be pleased with this response.
IP Logged

Congrats Andy....well done for a great tournament...you gave me a lot of pleasure and you were so close...be proud...I am proud of you!

Me too. Absolutely Smile

St Essex you are rapidly becoming a serious pain in the arse.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 84 Reply