MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Beijing R1: Murray vs Janowicz
Poll
Who takes it?
Andy in 2 - 14 (43.8%)
Andy in 3 - 16 (50%)
Jerzy in 2 - 0 (0%)
Jerzy in 3 - 1 (3.1%)
Both men decide  to give the match a miss and do a Rap duet instead. - 1 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23 Reply

Beijing R1: Murray vs Janowicz

Andy's win in Shenzhen isn't just great because he won, it's also great due to the manner in which he won. Knowing that it's still possible for him to win despite being so close to losing is a huge boost to his confidence going forward.

There is still a lot of work to do however, but i have a feeling his play recently is purely down to desperation in wanting to win something. In the last couple of months he's knocked 2 monkeys off his back, 1) getting a win over a top ten player 2) winning a title.
So he is on an upward curve finally.
IP Logged

I think he's pretty much shot up to 3rd or 4th favourite for the title here now. Having that inspiring motivation coming in to continue his form.
IP Logged

According to some onhere,he is only intersted in slams,if that be true he worked very hard in lousy conditions to win jst 250 points doesn't pass the smell test for me.
IP Logged

Me too Ruthie. It will come sometime soon and when he's on form it's a magic match.

Some of his shots just make my heart stop  wub
That lob yesterday that won a very contested  point. Wonderful
IP Logged

According to some onhere,he is only intersted in slams,if that be true he worked very hard in lousy conditions to win jst 250 points doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Normally Andy seems only to be interested in slams but at the minute he is doing 2 things,at least in my humble opinion

He's chasing points to try and get a place in the London  O2 and 'm hoping his foray into a 250 tournament was an attempt to build his confidence and get back to his erstwhile winning ways
IP Logged

Thank you.

I took it easy and won my age group 60+ although I am 65 now. I think 43:06 was not too shabby for a first attempt beyond 5Km. I watched Andy on my return and was impressed that he wanted to win so much. Winning is addictive so we should expect him to take the next two events very seriously? Both himself and Kei are now well acclimatised to competing, although Robredo is totally knackered but they have an advantage on those coming just for the main draw. Qualifiers do get some experience of the heat before the event proper.

Preparing is not the same as competing in the heat so I question if Jerzy will be that ready to compete against someone as good as Andy who is well conditioned to playing in the Asian temperatures and humidity.

I have Andy to win whatever (by any score)! He now knows that he can get his no 1 game going when it counts.

Running 6 miles without a break at your age is tremendous  It puts my gentle mileage with dog to shame We will walk, not run, further today if I can dig her out of her basket When I say Murray to her  she knows we are off for her walk
IP Logged

Andy has never made a secret of the fact that it is the slams that motivate  him now.  But that doesn't have to mean he's not interested at all in other tournaments and he hates losing/loves winning too much to discount them completely I think.  Remember for a long time he was criticised for winning plenty of masters etc but failing to win a slam.  Whereas someone like Cilic has won a slam without having won a single major or 500. I think we can say Andy has served his apprenticeship and can be forgiven for now prioritising slams.
IP Logged

Elsewhere Ferrer loses to Granollers to help with Andy's situation in the Race!
IP Logged

yay rejoice rejoice!
IP Logged

Will Andy play Tuesday or Wednesday? They usually are kind to the winners of the last tournament?  I wonder if they will be kind to Robredo too? I hope he has recovered.
IP Logged

A betting site has Andy down to play tomorrow but gives no actual time
IP Logged

Elsewhere Ferrer loses to Granollers to help with Andy's situation in the Race!

I cant help wonder why did Andy chose to play China this year instead of Japan. To me the field in Japan has always been not as strong and Andy would have had a slightly better chance of winning the max 500 points on offer. In Japan he would have been seed 4 whilst here in China he is seed 6 and may have to face Clicic , Novack and Nadal to win 500 pts.

In Japan at worst he could have faced Kevin Anderson, Stan and maybe Raonic in the final..To me there is a big advantage this week for Raonic and Kei in the race to London

in 2012 and 2011 and 2006  he chose Japan whilst he has only ever played China once before in 2010..

How do you pick between them and why change his mind this year . .Is it a money/commercial  thing?

Don't get me wrong in normal circumstances it is always best to play in tournament with the best players i.e Nadal and Novak etc but the object of the game at the moment is to make life as easy as possible to get the point needed to qualify for London  confused
IP Logged

Andy is on the schedule for tomorrow.  Dunno what time yet though.
IP Logged

Andy playing on Tuesday  This is what they did with Tsonga at Cincinatti, after he won Toronto
I think its something to do with low seeding Tsonga was seeded 12 I  think Andy will be seeded around 10 or 11 Who says seeding does'nt matter ?
IP Logged

Andy playing on Tuesday  This is what they did with Tsonga at Cincinatti, after he won Toronto
I think its something to do with low seeding Tsonga was seeded 12 I  think Andy will be seeded around 10 or 11 Who says seeding does'nt matter ?

Andy is 6 apparently.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23 Reply