MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Beijing R2: Murray vs Cuevas
Poll
Who will make it to the next round?
Andy in 2? - 15 (62.5%)
Andy in 3? - 9 (37.5%)
Pablo in 2? - 0 (0%)
Pablo in 3? - 0 (0%)
They decide to go to Paddy O'Shea's as it's Irish open music session night..........honest :-D - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Reply

Beijing R2: Murray vs Cuevas

Rain Delay
IP Logged

yes I googled weather in Beijing and it showed rain all day so don't know what that will do to tomorrow's schedule.  Perhaps if the matches on the court with a roof are quick they'll try to add a match to today's schedule on there?
Don't know Cuevas so thanks for the info Bev and great pics!  Hope we won't look like that watching the match!
I'm not too worried about Andy expending energy in 3 sets.  It's not like a slam where it goes to 5.  After all people have been moaning that he's not had enough match practice - well he's sure making up for it! 
IP Logged

I'm not too concerned about the three sets either, not with a 'rest day'.  He needed to adjust to the different court conditions, and if he's feeling overly tired, he can stick to just a little light practice today.  Hopefully the match against Cuevas will be a fairly straight forward affair.

*crosses fingers*
IP Logged

just hope there are some indoor practice courts Sparkle as otherwise doesn't look any practice is going to be possible as it still seemed to be raining when I last checked
IP Logged

Think Andys been put back till Friday because of the rain delay he's not on the  live score scedual for tomorrow anymore at least not on the one I use.
IP Logged

he is on live score schedule (although having just checked tomorrow's schedule isn't yet up on the tournament website)  They've got him down as 3rd on national tennis centre (centre) court so I guess about 9am UK time?  They all have to play tomorrow as otherwise won't be able to fit in all rounds without playing twice in one day I think.  The fact that Andy has been put on that court, which has a roof, over people ranked higher than him is perhaps a testament to his continued status.
IP Logged

Mines has got him on 2nd after rafa about 4-30 chinese time so that's maybe 9-30 ours?
IP Logged

Mines has got him on 2nd after rafa about 4-30 chinese time so that's maybe 9-30 ours?

9.00am

IP Logged

Cuevas having a reasonable Season so far...

* cuevas_2014.jpg (179.4 KB, 687x912 - viewed 335 times.)
IP Logged

yes I googled weather in Beijing and it showed rain all day so don't know what that will do to tomorrow's schedule.  Perhaps if the matches on the court with a roof are quick they'll try to add a match to today's schedule on there?
Don't know Cuevas so thanks for the info Bev and great pics!  Hope we won't look like that watching the match!
I'm not too worried about Andy expending energy in 3 sets.  It's not like a slam where it goes to 5.  After all people have been moaning that he's not had enough match practice - well he's sure making up for it! 

* Beijing Weather.jpg (97.66 KB, 668x756 - viewed 522 times.)
IP Logged

Amazing pictures on the H to H Bevc Where do you find them ? Anyway gave me a laugh and lightened this rather grim tournament It would be marvellous for Andy to have an easy win But heaven preserve him from having to play 2 matches in a day I don't think he's ready for that yet
IP Logged

I don't see why Andy should have to play two matches in a day unless things go pear-shaped on Friday.  Weather looks good tomorrow. He's playing in the main stadium, which has a roof anyway and isn't playing late. 
IP Logged

Ok Apollo, agreed. I will rephrase it; he has to stop losing these first sets. Against another one of the top 10 players it would be an uphill struggle to come back, secondly it makes the matches longer and this might catch up with him physically when going deep into tournaments.
IP Logged

In honestly I thought he would lose to Janowicz. He got through it and adjusted to the conditions. A days rest will do him a world of good.
IP Logged

I saw Cuevas's match vs. verdasco at the FO where he already led with two sets, yet lost it in the end. He appeared as a very solid player to me. Some of you have mentioned his recent titles though most of his successes came on clay. Maybe we cannot say these days that a player is a clay courter. Most of them are able to play decent tennis on any ground. See Ferrer, who has not been a pushover on HC. But I would really love seeing Andy stamping his authority on court.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Reply