MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  DC 2015 round 1: GB vs USA Andy vs John Isner 1pm GMT Sunday 8th March
Poll
Predictions
Murray in 3 - 9 (56.3%)
Murray in 4 - 7 (43.8%)
Murray in 5 - 0 (0%)
Isner in 3 - 0 (0%)
Isner in 4 - 0 (0%)
Isner in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6 Reply

DC 2015 round 1: GB vs USA Andy vs John Isner 1pm GMT Sunday 8th March

Despite battling back from 2 sets down and going toe-to-toe for much of the fifth set with arguably the best doubles team in the history of the game, Jamie Murray and Dominic Inglot didn't get the opportunity to win the last point in today's doubles match.

GB lead the tie 2-1 and it is expected that Andy's match against big serving John Isner tomorrow will prove decisive. The two have met three times before. Each match has been played on outdoor hard, and despite some tight sets Andy has been the victor on all three occasions, most recently a tight three set battle in Cincinnati in 2014, in which Andy dropped the first set on a tie break, took the second set, before fighting through the third set to bring it to a second match tie break, which Andy won convincingly (7-2) and Isner lost with a double fault.

The court in the Emirates Arena in Glasgow has been made to order, with perhaps the specific intention of dampening the Isner serve. Given Andy and Isner's previous encounters a tight match might be expected, but Isner may still be feeling the physical and emotional effects of his loss to Wardy in an epic five set match which Wardy closed out in just under five hours.

GB haven't beaten the USA on home soil since 1935. Andy will be fired up to win for the team in front of an incredible home crowd, and we all know he likes to play the history man!

* image.jpg (227.92 KB. 1011x1124 - viewed 384 times.)

IP Logged

I read somewhere that Isner looked tired and also had his knee heavily strapped.  I think it was someone who watch him knock up yesterday.
IP Logged

Good Luck Andy  cmon yeah
IP Logged
MT

very nervous about this. Whenever it is said Andy should and will win, he has a habit of making it difficult. nervous
IP Logged

Natural to feel nervous MT when Andy will feel such a weight of responsibility on his shoulders.  But unless he wakes up with a bad cold or something I think he has Isner's number even at the best of times (for Isner that is) and it must surely be the worst of times for Isner after Friday.  That said I'm sure Isner will do all he can at the start to look and feel up for it.  It's been interesting what the Brits and the comms have been saying about the contrast between the team spirit in the Brit camp and the almost total lack of it in the US camp.  I just hope Andy didn't exhaust himself with his physical and vocal support both yesterday and Friday!
IP Logged

A lot speaks for Andy, of course. Yet, there always remains the human factor. I am so nervous that I woke up several times last night with strange feelings in my stomach. I wish everybody who attends the event in Glasgow to lift the roof for your team, to hopefully celebrate two victories, to enjoy the moment.
IP Logged

Good luck Andy!  Run Isner all over the court!!!
Win your match and the tie Mr Magic!!!
IP Logged

Andy will feel nervous.    I will feel nervous.   It's a very emotional occasion but the crowd will help and he will settle into a good match. 
GOOD LUCK ANDY............................................. ..... cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged

I am struggling today with too much exposure to watching GB sportsmen. There is also the European Indoor Athletics Championships again today with a number taking part in finals. The channel button on the remote will be worn out soon! Yesterday was hard to watch both and with more riding on Andy's match my heart will be jumping.

I just hope that Andy plays to his potential. He has such strong back up from friends, coaches and family I feel he will be relaxed and WIN!  No need for good luck today just make sure he is focussed. This time if he starts badly or has self doubt Leon, I feel, can get him back on track. I hope so then I can concentrate on the athletics which will be harder for our athletes.
IP Logged

Loch Lomond.  Amazing atmosphere.
IP Logged

Here we go.  nervous
IP Logged
deb

Cmon Andy  cmonandy cmon GB
IP Logged

Pity this wonderful crowd doesn't make it to the O2 Frown
IP Logged

What can you do when Isner hits ace after ace against even the best returner? Keeping calm and carrying on and holding your own service.
IP Logged

Pity this wonderful crowd doesn't make it to the O2 Frown
Agreed, this is a super atmosphere. Hope he doesn't serve too many double faults!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6 Reply