Murray in 2 - 9 (47.4%)
Murray in 3 - 7 (36.8%)
Djokovic in 2 - 0 (0%)
Djokovic in 3 - 3 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 51 Reply

Doha Final: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic

Don't agree .
Me neither... I am sad he didnt get the win, but it will give him some idea what to work on.
IP Logged

Slight advantages for Djokovic, yet Andy put up a good fight. Tbh, for me he was never the favourite going into the final with this H2H.
IP Logged

That's just such a sh*tty thing to say.  I remember why this place does my head in.

It might be unpalatable, but it's true. Djokovic is a better player, and Murray has yet to find a way of beating him with any regularity. Today was a clone of any number of Murray/Djokovic matches over the last couple of years.

That doesn't diminish Murray's achievement in reaching the #1 ranking - he did exactly what he needed to do to make it happen.
IP Logged

Totally threw that away. Fell for the same old tricks. When it mattered most, he folded big time.
IP Logged

I think they are pretty even and even if I see the same result throughout the year I will watch those two play with that sort of intensity and entertaining tennis in multiple finals .

As an Andy fan it's a shame he lost but both played fairly evenly, both with a few dips. Andy needs to serve better if he wants a different result next time they meet.
IP Logged

That is a genuine gigantic steaming pile of ********... :-)

it's not. what are you talking about? i'm not saying murray didn't play better in spells than djokovic because he did. he was the better player from 3-5 through 3-2 in the third. i'm saying that he was always playing on the comeback, never in a position to win. true, no?
IP Logged
deb

how is he not? only blind support for murray would change things. there's no rationale reason why djokovic wouldn't be the favourite.
A lot will depend on draw , and it could of gone either way today.
IP Logged

It might be unpalatable, but it's true. Djokovic is a better player, and Murray has yet to find a way of beating him with any regularity. Today was a clone of any number of Murray/Djokovic matches over the last couple of years.
  True, but you called it over before it was, which is a real loser mentality.
IP Logged

I don't agree with this comment. 50/50 i think. Today's match will have no bearing on the outcome of the AO.

That's just plain wrong, the pros think it could be significant. He's handed Novak the mental edge. He had that match on a plate, and blew it.
IP Logged

wave Bye folks. Catch you again in a weeks time.
IP Logged

i think anyone not considering djokovic the favourite for australian open is blinded by their support for murray. it's arguably closer between them than at any point in the last 4 years, true. but it's just impossible to make murray the favourite.
IP Logged

What a match.
IP Logged

A lot will depend on draw , and it could of gone either way today.

not particularly when they both beat everyone else with regularity, even more so in australia.
IP Logged
deb

wave Bye folks. Catch you again in a weeks time.
  wave bye Bevc
IP Logged

not particularly when they both beat everyone else with regularity, even more so in australia.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see one or the other get knocked out before the final. Stan vs Djokovic in a semi, for example.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 51 Reply