Murray in 2 - 9 (75%)
Murray in 3 - 3 (25%)
Almagro in 2 - 0 (0%)
Almagro in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15 Reply

Doha QF: Andy Murray vs Nicolas Almagro

deb

Me too, but then it it's almost inevitable that lower-ranked players will raise their level against the top guys because they have nothing to lose, so just go for it.  Also Andy's said himself that he might not have been where he is now had he not always been faced with Fed and Nadal, and more lately Djokovic.
True Aileen .
IP Logged

Andy breaks.  2-1.
IP Logged

Hey all- I've decided to drop in again more often wave
IP Logged

I'm not nervous either in these smaller tournaments, but I am always aware that Andy could have a bad day.  He has come such a long way in his tennis and his emotions.  His serve is much more dependable and his amazing ability to come back when he is down.  He is just a different Andy then when we first started watching him.
IP Logged

Hold serve Andy
IP Logged

My thinking about the AO is if he does win the pressure from media and fans to then do something special at the French and complete a career GS will be immense.
IP Logged

True Aileen .
This is why he always tries to encourage the younger players to play or even practcse against as many top players as they can.
IP Logged

cmon Andy fight
IP Logged

Great shot by Almagro.  30-40.

Deuce

Completely wrong-footed Andy there.  Ad Almagro.

Deuce
IP Logged

Anyone else feel that all the guys Andy's playing in this tournament have somehow upped their games a level? I swear, he is having to work so hard and it's mostly because the opponents look good!

I think Melzer and Almageo have played close to the baseline, hit deep, and Andy's been pushed back a little bit, but also seems to be content to defend from behind the baseline. Bit disappointing to see how little he's approached the net this week. I think players are upping the aggression in the hopes that they can hit through Andy's defence.

The pundits seem to be commentating differently now Andy is #1. Hardly heard any criticism this week - but had Andy hung back well behind the baseline against an opponent like Melzer for example in say the 2014 or 2015 seasons they'd have gone all out saying how passive he was being. All very fair weather from them.
IP Logged

break back on serve 2 all
IP Logged

Almagro breaks.  2-2.
IP Logged

Stay calm and focused Andy
IP Logged

Hey all- I've decided to drop in again more often wave

Hazel!! I left a message for you on another thread, forget which one. How are you???
IP Logged

My thinking about the AO is if he does win the pressure from media and fans to then do something special at the French and complete a career GS will be immense.
Hi Hazy!  Long time no see!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15 Reply