Murray in 2 - 9 (75%)
Murray in 3 - 3 (25%)
Almagro in 2 - 0 (0%)
Almagro in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Reply

Doha QF: Andy Murray vs Nicolas Almagro

OOOOOOF w00t!
Heavy going. So many short balls into Amalgro's hitting zone  Knackered after Meltzer, I guess but please Tennis gods can Andy have an opponent who plays rubbishy soon  pray
C'mon  superman
IP Logged

Hurry up and WIN Andy ...
IP Logged

stats

* stats.jpg (418.17 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 185 times.)
IP Logged

Many thanks to Tonedial for the link.  A straight sets win for Andy.
IP Logged

OOOOOOF w00t!
Heavy going. So many short balls into Amalgro's hitting zone  Knackered after Meltzer, I guess but please Tennis gods can Andy have an opponent who plays rubbishy soon  pray
C'mon  superman
With either Berdy or Tsonga next, not very likely I'd say!

Match again 3rd on court, and probably around 4pm GMT
IP Logged

OOOOOOF w00t!
Heavy going. So many short balls into Amalgro's hitting zone  Knackered after Meltzer, I guess but please Tennis gods can Andy have an opponent who plays rubbishy soon  pray
C'mon  superman
I will never get on board with his knackeredness after the end of last year.  Where there's a will, there's a way!  cmon yeah
IP Logged

Good win that.
IP Logged

Congratulations, allez Andy Smile
IP Logged

With either Berdy or Tsonga next, not very likely I'd say!

However, a gal can hope  pray
IP Logged

Hazel!! I left a message for you on another thread, forget which one. How are you???

Hi Very Happy I'm good. Working away as a classroom assistant at the moment and I've got my first interview for teacher training at the end of the month!
IP Logged

Andy did well to not drop a set here - Almagro was playing very well. Perhaps he could have played a bit more aggressively but I'm sure he'll step that up in the next couple of matches.

Berdych or Tsonga should be a good test.
IP Logged

I tried to video his interview, but storage low on phone, will try with something else.  It was interesting some of the questions he was asked.  It's amazing that he could remember some of the stats.
IP Logged

Hi Very Happy I'm good. Working away as a classroom assistant at the moment and I've got my first interview for teacher training at the end of the month!

Well that's really good news.  I've been wondering how you were doing.  Good luck in the interview. Smile

However, a gal can hope  pray
Maybe they'll play a really long three-setter and tire each other out!  Whistle   I fancy his chances against Berdy a little though, although their matches are never fun to watch, Tsonga not so much.
[ Last edit by Aileen January 05, 2017, 07:04 pm ] IP Logged

after the end of last year.
So much at stake I would guess massive quantities of adrenaline kept him going. Not so much at stake now. Of course come the AO......
Also, match yesterday was really hard. I think people underestimated how well Meltzer played.
To me, Andy played "tired tennis" today.
IP Logged

So much at stake I would guess massive quantities of adrenaline kept him going. Not so much at stake now. Of course come the AO......
Also, match yesterday was really hard. I think people underestimated how well Meltzer played.
To me, Andy played "tired tennis" today.
I'd say it was more that people under-estimated how well Melzer could play, mainly because he's been floating around under the radar.  At least Andy had practised with him a few times.

Agree about today's match, but Andy said he's had a couple of late nights - maybe doing promotional stuff? - but that he was hoping to get a good rest tonight.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Reply