Korda in 2
Korda in 3

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Reply

Gijon Open QF: Andy Murray vs Sebastian Korda

A second serve ace
IP Logged

1-5 now break him Andy, you can do it
IP Logged

Yes. What about them? If you want to argue that murray is now a typical top 50 player then they back up your case. There's no hope for anything more tho. Though at least a top 50 guy might occasionally win a tournament.
If you feel that way then why watch his matches?  He says he enjoys playing, and that's all that matters to me.
IP Logged

Immaculate third set from Korda, unfortunately.
IP Logged

Just very unfortunate that Korda was having one of his better matches - and he did have some very good results in the first half of the season. including coming very close to beating Nadal in Indian Wells.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 14, 2022, 09:38 pm ] IP Logged

Well Andy fought till the end. It’s really unfair to say that Andy doesn’t have it anymore. He is still an excellent and very smart player. He’s had to play many players he has never played before yet he keeps fighting. I think his biggest problem is believing in himself when it comes to his serve.
A while back his serve seemed spot on. He was getting a lot of aces and that serve has gone awol, why???  It also can’t be good to not have a coach and having to make all decisions on his own. I would love to see. Someone who could help him come along and want to work with him, but who will do it for someone who may decide to retire, and who will do it for someone who may not be able to pay them big bucks.
I and many of us will stick with Andy forever, he is such a great person and player.
ITS OKAY ANDY BOY, you don’t have anything to prove to any of the naysayers.
IP Logged

The real shame is that I think if Andy had won he'd have had a good chance of beating Kindernecht who looked absolutely exhausted after his marathon battle against Carreno Busta.
IP Logged

Honestly I'm a fan of Andy but I think it's time he hung up his racket.
It must be so so frustrating getting beat of of guys he wouldn't have seen in his way before. His first serve is so bad now and he almost always loses the point on his second one hence why he can hardly get by a second round
IP Logged

One factor is that he has not played many of the younger opponents and it often takes him a while to get used to their games. With this tournament in particular the rallies are very long and exhausting so that the younger players may have an advantage over Andy in the latter stages of a match.
After all, I think Andy was competitive. Not everyone can be top ten.
IP Logged

His first serve is so bad now and he almost always loses the point on his second one
Well that isn't true for a start!

One factor is that he has not played many of the younger opponents and it often takes him a while to get used to their games. With this tournament in particular the rallies are very long and exhausting so that the younger players may have an advantage over Andy in the latter stages of a match.
After all, I think Andy was competitive. Not everyone can be top ten.
I agree with all of that counter-puncher.
IP Logged

One more remark: We should not forget that Korda beat RBA, a really solid player, yesterday, which is proof of his good form.
IP Logged

I would like to see Andy work on his serve. He still hits great drop shots, lobs, down the line returns and his play at net is subperb, but when his serve fails him, he has to fight back so hard to get back on serve. But surely Andy knows this.
Feeling sad for his loss today.
IP Logged

Not giving Andy any excuses for his loss today, but in his interview yesterday he noted how hard he had to play to get get yesterdays win.
IP Logged

At least Andy can now get himself to Antwerp in good time for the European Open next week.  It's another 250 so once again the field isn't too strong.
IP Logged

At least Andy can now get himself to Antwerp in good time for the European Open next week.  It's another 250 so once again the field isn't too strong.
It doesn't have to be strong he won't get by second round it's almost the norm for him now and I stick by what I said about his second serve he invariably loses the point.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Reply