Djokovic in 3 - 2 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 Reply

Indian Wells SF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic

deb

Well said DB .
IP Logged
deb

How often do I have to say this - why do some people not bother to ask themselves how Andy must be feeling instead of hurling endless criticism towards him?  No, I don't have rose-tinted specs, but there's a difference between positive and negative criticism, and that includes insulting comments like calling Andy a mental midget.   
Totally agree Aileen , and all the other posters that truly support Andy through thick and thin!!! But some comments today especially from Connor are hateful, no wonder a lot of lovely posters have left .
IP Logged
deb

Agree with DB's post. If I responded to all the posts that piss me off or irritate me, or even thought much about them I'd go insane. There are a number of posers and gobshites with a good conceit of themselves on this site, and I guess most of them know who they are. Still, it takes all sorts. Best to give the eejits a rubber ear, though sometimes temptation is too great!
  yes  much to great  Wink 
IP Logged

I'm reserving judgement on where he is right now in relation to Federer and Nadal until they actually get a chance to play each other.  Djokovic always seems to be looming large in the way of that at the moment.  I'm sure that he must have gone out there with some sort of plan to deal with Novak (it would be madness not to) but when it came to it he either a) wasn't given a chance to execute that plan or b) it just went out of his head under the pressure of the occasion.  In either event, what about a plan b or c?  I expected to see Andy trying out different things, throwing everything he could at Novak, mixing it up a bit, anything to catch him off guard or frustrate him.  He seemed to play well tactically against everyone else this tournament so why did that appear to drop away against Novak?  Is it that he no longer has the answers to a Novak who now does things even better than before?  Is he still trying to figure out the best tactics?  Can Bjorkman help with that?  Urgh, it is frustrating for sure.
IP Logged
deb

I'm reserving judgement on where he is right now in relation to Federer and Nadal until they actually get a chance to play each other.  Djokovic always seems to be looming large in the way of that at the moment.  I'm sure that he must have gone out there with some sort of plan to deal with Novak (it would be madness not to) but when it came to it he either a) wasn't given a chance to execute that plan or b) it just went out of his head under the pressure of the occasion.  In either event, what about a plan b or c?  I expected to see Andy trying out different things, throwing everything he could at Novak, mixing it up a bit, anything to catch him off guard or frustrate him.  He seemed to play well tactically against everyone else this tournament so why did that appear to drop away against Novak?  Is it that he no longer has the answers to a Novak who now does things even better than before?  Is he still trying to figure out the best tactics?  Can Bjorkman help with  that?  Urgh, it is frustrating for sure.
It is frustrating DB, but Andy will work him out , especially on grass !! I'm going to sleep on it and see what is said tomorrow.
IP Logged

Oooh Andy Frown what the **** happened???
IP Logged

Andy needs to play that smug ******* prick novak infront of a Glasgow crowd!!!!
IP Logged

Ahh.. I can see that now,  Joe.

But it's still a bit of an ambiguous statement because Djoko wasn't that special today.

He was solid, didn't need to be anymore.
IP Logged

I've said it once. I'll say it again. HE. IS. A. MENTAL. MIDGET.
Connor, this is completely unacceptable. You made this comment with the knowledge that it would wind up much of the community here. That in itself is a breach of the T&Cs regardless of how people may choose to define you.

I believe inside you're a fan but you can only be judged by your actions. I seriously would urge you to consider not posting on match threads until you are confident that you can control yourself.

The same goes for other members who think it is ok to post a negative comment about Andy with derogatory language. Criticise him all you want but please do so respectfully. Moderation process will now be under review.
[ Last edit by Mark March 22, 2015, 02:29 am ] IP Logged

Lol. Heard it all before. BAN THE FOOL ONCE AND FOR ALL.
IP Logged

I did not have a good feeling about this match, but there is definitely something eerie about Djokovic's play.  I cannot actually put my finger on it.   I  do think that all the players have at least one other player who always finds it easy to beat them.

I am as are some other posters fed up with the negative comments on here.  There are quite a few who have left and I am probably going to do the same.  I do not have rose tinted glasses when it come to Andy but there is no need to have such a bad attitude.  He is the best British tennis player ever so we should try and totally support him.  I would much rather watch a player like Andy than most of the others as on song he is the best.  He will find a way to beat Djokovic I am sure as the year goes on.

eerie - interesting choice of words. More especially after "eerie" being googled.

Hard to believe that someone with Murray's talent, experience, credentials, expertise, determination, will, durability, tenacity and H2H track record could be played around in such a way. [made to look hapless].

But then the same might be said about 6-0, 6-1 in Beijing against Berdych.

Is Djokovic so much better than Murray ? - over six matches? Is he ?

Murray's  2nd serve actually appeared to trouble the great Novakowitch at times. So maybe that's progress. Sometimes it actually looked like the awkward bendy bouncy annoyance it was probably intended to be, rather than a compromise. He might develop it rather than change it.
IP Logged

Connor has been given a 30 day posting ban.

I've just seen his comment yesterday hence this decision. This is longer than any previous temporary ban used on MW. I'm personally choosing to take a different approach with Connor based on his contributions and my belief that he is a fan but with self-control issues.

The next unacceptable comment by him will receive a 60 day ban, and this will keep doubling. There will be no leniency with this particular method.
IP Logged

Novak was solid, but no more. OK, there were some great shots. Novak's tactics since Wimbledon 2013 have been simple - I don't need to beat Andy because he will do that for me.
It's all in the mind.andy made the comment that it wasn't just down to him. Does he truly believe that he can beat Novak? Today was almost like the match from the AO had just carried on from where it had left off.
He needs to really look at his goals. He's got back to a level where he can beat near,y everyone on the tour, which is good. But if he wants to win slams, he needs to get his head right. It's painful to watch what was once a competitive rivalry turn into such a one sided affair.
IP Logged

He was solid, didn't need to be anymore.

This.

I feel Andy's game has lost that spark. Why was he hitting the net SO often yesterday?  Except for 3-4 points, the entire performance was horrible. He needs to work on that serve, badly and soon.  And has to shorten points. He'll tire himself out before they can be done with the first set if he keeps rallying with Nole to win every single point.
IP Logged

Connor has been given a 30 day posting ban.

I've just seen his comment yesterday hence this decision. This is longer than any previous temporary ban used on MW. I'm personally choosing to take a different approach with Connor based on his contributions and my belief that he is a fan but with self-control issues.

The next unacceptable comment by him will receive a 60 day ban, and this will keep doubling. There will be no leniency with this particular method.

Stop it, Markie.

The hawtness is too much. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 Reply