MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray vs Tsonga
Poll
Will Murray be victorious against such a tricky R1 opponent?
Murray in 3 - 15 (48.4%)
Murray in 4 - 14 (45.2%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3.2%)
Tsonga in 3 - 0 (0%)
Tsonga in 4 - 1 (3.2%)
Tsonga in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Reply

Murray vs Tsonga

I guess that's the end of Andy's good streak for another year ...

Anyone got anything interesting planned for the next two weeks?
IP Logged

RTR, haven't played it in a while.
IP Logged

20. Months?
IP Logged

Oh shit.
IP Logged

It worries me that Murray double faulted in the tie-break because he used to be fearless but now it seems he's not.
IP Logged

But now there's more pressure on him - he's not this 100-ranked wildcard that no-one really knows about. Now he's top ten he has a ranking and an image to maintain. It actually matters if he loses stupidly.
IP Logged

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the pressure that has caused this but I always hoped he was always going to be fearless Smile
[ Last edit by Mark January 14, 2008, 09:33 am ] IP Logged

It actually matters if he loses stupidly.

But that's dreadful, ... for Andy. Losing stupidly is one of his core competencies.

But it's good to recall that he thought he was going into this Slam better prepared and playing better than any previous one.
Hopefully if he's scared sh*tless going into the next few, then he might string together the kind of game we know he can play and even win the occasional match.
[ Last edit by measdale January 14, 2008, 01:57 pm ] IP Logged

I actually think I hate Andy today. He's ruined my day! And it was gonna be such a good one. It's days like these I wish I could just not care whether he wins or loses!
IP Logged

I actually think I hate Andy today. He's ruined my day! And it was gonna be such a good one. It's days like these I wish I could just not care whether he wins or loses!

highfive

IP Logged

Ditto apart from the hating bit. Wink Who'd be a sports fan?
[ Last edit by Sir Panda January 14, 2008, 10:57 am ] IP Logged

Horribly disappointing.  Serve once again inconsistent.  Too many drop shots to an opponent who was very competent at the net.  Team Murray way wrong tactically.  Lessons must be learnt from this.  Tsonga was always gonna be tough but Andy should have found a way.  It will be interesting to see just how far Tsonga progresses (if he is not physically spent in defeating Andy) as his prize is a relatively easy ride through to the quarters.  Definitely one that got away.  
IP Logged

So who watched this match?

How come he won the third set 6-0!!! And then went on to lose... what happened there?
IP Logged

He went into idiot mode.
IP Logged

I wonder what Andy will do for the next few weeks, it looks like his next tournament is the Davis Cup in February, hope he trys to find another match before then.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Reply