Why did Murray lose?
Injury - 4 (28.6%)
Off day - 6 (42.9%)
Both - 4 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply

Murray was injured for Djokovic clash

Murray
Q. Andy, I know you don't want to make excuses. Let's just clarify, you didn't have any problems with your groin injury?
ANDY MURRAY: I don't want to make any excuses, because it's going to be the reason why I lost. It wasn't the reason I lost today. He played much better than me. I didn't do anything that could have upset him or messed up his rhythm. I gave him a lot of free points, missed too many first serves, and he played a great match and hardly made any unforced errors.

Djokovic
Q. Were you aware he had any physical discomfort?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Excuse me?

Q. Were you aware Andy had any physical discomfort?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, really, like I said, I'm really not paying attention on his physical situation or anything. I know that there were talks in Indian Wells, he was not fit, blah, blah, blah, but I'm really not paying attention on it. I'm trying to focus on my game, you know, and play.
I know I was really well prepared how to play, and I don't think that the excuse of his losing today is fitness.

Q. He didn't use it as an excuse.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I know, I know. It's just that probably I really played better today. That's all.
[ Last edit by Mark March 31, 2007, 10:43 pm ] IP Logged

Didn't see much from behind the cushion or the spaniel when he sat on my knee.However Hodgkinson reckoned that's why the Serb,used so many drop shots.Can't comment on that as I had sucessfully obstructed my view could bear to watch a hard fought contest like the Haas game.didn't seem like Andy at all.

Mr. Green LOL, Margaret. That's more or less how I watched it, except substitute Jack Russell for spaniel. :p

I'm just trying to forget the whole thing. We've been used to being spoiled, although when Andy said "It happens to every player, I'm glad it happened when I was only 19" ( I'm paraphrasing) I thought that was a pretty good thing to say. Hopefully it was heartfelt.
IP Logged

I've added a poll to this thread...
IP Logged

Well, that explains a lot.  Makes me feel a little better about the loss. 
IP Logged

Definitely off day.
IP Logged

It's tricky because Murray isn't making it clear why he lost... it seems he wants us all to delibretly speculate rather than simply accept an explanation from him.

I put off day anyway because when I watched the match, he didn't really appear injured.
IP Logged

It's tricky because Murray isn't making it clear why he lost...

Oh yes he is. He's deliberately told us not to make excuses for him because he's not for himself. He just played badly and  kept making bad shot selections. That's exactly what he's said. What's not clear about that?
IP Logged

Because he's suggested he shouldn't of gone out and played Djokovic and saying that suggests he lost because he was injured. His press conference response also wasn't as clear as it could of been...
[ Last edit by Mark April 03, 2007, 09:47 am ] IP Logged

Because he's suggested he shouldn't of gone out and played Djokovic

Can you point me to that. Cause I think I must have missed that one somewhere.
IP Logged

In other situations I might have pulled out because if I had won the match I might have been in the top 10. Hopefully next time I will be in the top 10 when I get injured and I won’t have to worry about that. I’m still young, you learn from it, I have a long career. You have to look at the bigger picture.

If you are going into a match and you can’t give 100 per cent against a player who is one of the best in the world you are not going to come out on top, so it is maybe best not to play. But I decided to go on court so it is my fault.
[ Last edit by Mark April 03, 2007, 10:04 am ] IP Logged

What a stupid thing to say. Especially when you say this:

I don't want to make any excuses, because it's going to be the reason why I lost. It wasn't the reason I lost today. He played much better than me. I didn't do anything that could have upset him or messed up his rhythm. I gave him a lot of free points, missed too many first serves, and he played a great match and hardly made any unforced errors.

the day before. Of course people are gonna now blame it on the injury when you only just said you don't want to make excuses. Make up your mind Andy!
IP Logged

He may of said that out of respect to Djokovic and later said the stuff on FiveLive knowing Djokovic wouldn't be paying any attention to it search me
[ Last edit by Mark April 03, 2007, 10:19 am ] IP Logged

Probable. He's still an idiot. If it's true he did the exact same thing the week before and obviously learned nothing!
IP Logged

Could we get the option of voting 'injury and off day' because that's what I think it was.
IP Logged

Could we get the option of voting 'injury and off day' because that's what I think it was.
Done...

Probable. He's still an idiot. If it's true he did the exact same thing the week before and obviously learned nothing!
Yeah, Murray can be idiotic now and again... but I think he wanted to be a man about it. Then later maybe got jealous that Djokovic won an MS and by doing so, the general tennis community hyping him as the next no1.

You never know though, maybe his relationship with him suffered after that match Think
[ Last edit by Mark April 03, 2007, 01:10 pm ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply