MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 Reply

News Articles

Andy isn’t playing Astana - he handed back the WC and it was given to someone else.

Andy’s current schedule for the rest of the year is:

Gijon
Antwerp
Basel
Paris
No major travelling, then, which seems a very good thing!
IP Logged

^ I was thinking the same.  In fact I was a bit surprised he wanted to go to Astana in the first place.  The player field in Gijon isn't as loaded as Astana either, so a better chance of going deep into the tournament.
IP Logged

^ Gijon is a good choice. Apart from being a lower standard event it is also a great place to visit. I see that starts a week later than Astana and as a 250 event we will probably not see a lot of coverage? A good group of Spaniards are in the start list.
IP Logged

Andy isn’t playing Astana - he handed back the WC and it was given to someone else.

Andy’s current schedule for the rest of the year is:

Gijon
Antwerp
Basel
Paris

Sorry he won't be playing Astana but thanks for letting us know.
IP Logged

^ Gijon is a good choice. Apart from being a lower standard event it is also a great place to visit. I see that starts a week later than Astana and as a 250 event we will probably not see a lot of coverage?
You'll get it on TennisTV if you really want to see it, although I'm sure a free livestream will be posted.
IP Logged

Thanks Aileen.
IP Logged

Thanks Aileen
IP Logged

Shame he's not playing Astana but the field is so stacked it's probably not a great idea. More time with his family which is also good.
Gijon is lovely. Good call. Hopefully a strong end to the season!
IP Logged

Shame he's not playing Astana but the field is so stacked it's probably not a great idea. More time with his family which is also good.
Gijon is lovely. Good call. Hopefully a strong end to the season!
I agree totally with that. I was in Gijon quite recently too. Be nice if he had a good first round draw for a change.
IP Logged

IP Logged

In future Andy will be adjusting his schedule so that he can spend more time at home with his children, something which seems very sensible to me.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1687459/Andy-Murray-emotional-schedule-change-Swiss-Indoors-Basel
IP Logged

Thanks for the video Tonedial, enjoyed it.
IP Logged

This article goes some way to explaining Andy's losses since Wimbledon, as well as the cramping -

"Andy Murray: Post-Wimbledon woes due to lack of work ethic"
https://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/story/_/id/34923567/andy-murray-post-wimbledon-woes-due-lack-work-ethic
IP Logged

^ It's not like the Andy of old he was always training and exercising, he was so dedicated to it. That explain's why he has not stamina to last a long match.
IP Logged

"Andy Murray feeling 'positive' about next season"

Andy says he's already started working on improving his fitness for the season ahead,

https://tennisbuzz.net/andy-murray-feeling-positive-about-next-season
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 Reply