MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 1051 ... 1217 Reply

News Articles

If Andy had played a few rounds then had to withdraw injured later that would be unfair on the players he defeated and therefore he is right to withdraw from the tournament before it starts. He wanted to play to win not just to take part. Take care Andy and get well soon
I agree, and Raonic did the same thing with his wrist injury, even if did pull out before the draw, saying how unfair it was to deprive another player of a place by going into a tournament knowing you probably wouldn't get very far let alone win it.
IP Logged

I'm hoping this unprecedented state of events, plus all the injuries that some of the younger players have suffered, and which have caused them to pull out of tournaments, might finally persuade the ATP that it's time they relaxed a few of the conditions they impose on players.  Unfortunately I fear pigs might fly first, particularly as Slams are not ATP events.

Meanwhile I've spent quite a bit of time today defending Andy on various media/tennis sites from the stick he's been getting because he dared to pull out after the draw thereby depriving the Fedal luvvies of a potential final and generally "ruining" the tournament!
Good for you Aileen, thanks for doing that....  Andy would much rather be out on that court competing, but not in pain.
IP Logged

Meanwhile I've spent quite a bit of time today defending Andy on various media/tennis sites from the stick he's been getting because he dared to pull out after the draw thereby depriving the Fedal luvvies of a potential final and generally "ruining" the tournament!

Lol, can't believe how silly these people are.
IP Logged

Lol, can't believe how silly these people are.
Todd Woodbridge tweeted Andy had "ruined the US Open."
Petrol on the fire Rolling Eyes
Of course he's been touted as something of a "tennis expert" who knows what he's talking about blahblah Presumably by people who didn't like Andy anyway.
IP Logged

Todd Woodbridge tweeted Andy had "ruined the US Open."
Petrol on the fire Rolling Eyes
Of course he's been touted as something of a "tennis expert" who knows what he's talking about blahblah Presumably by people who didn't like Andy anyway.
Unfortunately it doesn't take the Andy haters long to get the knives out, and that often on the flimsiest of pretexts, although in fairness to the UK some of these outlets were US ones.  Thankfully the Aussies are too preoccupied with their own 'malfunctioning' male tennis players to be bothered about anyone else.
IP Logged

I liked Paul Newman's put down:  'It was scarcely believable to hear afterwards complaints from some quarters - mostly but not exclusively from ill-informed fans - about the timing of the no 2 seed's withdrawal'. I guess 'not exclusively' referred to Woodbridge!   w00t
Re the requirements on the players as I said in an earlier post Andy won't be subject to the atp rules from next year because he will by then meet the 3 criteria for playing as little as he chooses (in the way fed does now).  But more generally it doesn't help when Fed says he doesn't think there's a problem (forgetting not everyone is blessed with his physique) and when the players then sign up for extra competitive matches in the Autumn off-season .
IP Logged

Vote for Andy...
http://www.inspirationawards.co.uk/voting/index.php
IP Logged

I liked Paul Newman's put down:  'It was scarcely believable to hear afterwards complaints from some quarters - mostly but not exclusively from ill-informed fans - about the timing of the no 2 seed's withdrawal'. I guess 'not exclusively' referred to Woodbridge!   w00t
lol  Good for Paul.  Andy would approve of that one!

I would but it looks like the voting closed at midnight on 28 August.
IP Logged

lol  Good for Paul.  Andy would approve of that one!
I would but it looks like the voting closed at midnight on 28 August.
I just voted...
IP Logged

I just voted...
I did too, but I had to vote for the women as well, which was a bit tricky as I don't know who most of them are, so just took a guess.
IP Logged

I thought I was to late, but tried to vote and it went through, afraid I don't know any of the woman so I just made a guess also lol!
IP Logged

I thought I was to late, but tried to vote and it went through, afraid I don't know any of the woman so I just made a guess also lol!
The only one I knew was the BBC's political reporter Laura Kuenssberg.  Never even heard of the rest of them!
IP Logged

I didn't know any of the women either, and like you I guessed.
IP Logged

What is Nadal implying here? that Murray only withdrew cos of the draw? Andy's draw was a dream come true lol unless I got confused as to what Nadal is saying here.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/30/rafael-nadal-questions-andy-murrays-us-open-withdrawal-6888656/
IP Logged

What is Nadal implying here? that Murray only withdrew cos of the draw? Andy's draw was a dream come true lol unless I got confused as to what Nadal is saying here.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/30/rafael-nadal-questions-andy-murrays-us-open-withdrawal-6888656/
I posted a similar article earlier on the Other Players thread in which Nadal admits to having pulled out of the 2009 Wimbledon draw citing his knees the same day after the draw had taken place, so like you I'm a bit mystified as to the point he's trying to make, but my thinking was maybe it was because Andy had deprived him of a potential showdown with Federer in the final.  Andy must have known he had one of the best draws ever and possibly that's one of the reasons why he was so upset at having to pull out.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 30, 2017, 07:02 pm ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 1051 ... 1217 Reply