MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Queens R1: Andy Murray vs Jordan Thompson
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] Reply

Queens R1: Andy Murray vs Jordan Thompson

Roger federer has said in the guardian that Andy has been fighting injuries all year.  He has no reason to lie about that. The only headline from his comments however is that federer has written off Andy's chances of staying number 1.

The horrible English press and tv always used to have a go at Andy for faking injury so that I think he resolved never to make injury an excuse. Anyone who watched him at Queens could see he was having difficulty with his movement.

Andy will compete at Wimbledon because he thinks it is the right thing to do. He does not withdraw from tournaments at the drop of a hat like others. I didn't think it was possible but I think I want him to win this year more than 2013. Just to give the country something to feel proud about. I hope even the chinless wonders get behind him and roar him to victory. cmonandy
IP Logged

I think Andy should dispense with Lendl's services and go without a coach for a while, I hope he'll play Wimbledon but it's ok with me if he decides to give it a miss - although this would be very sad.
He's still got Jamie Delgado as his coach though and I've nothing against him.  As for Andy not playing Wimbledon, you might as well try to stop the tide from coming in.  He's playing two exhibition matches at Hurlingham next week so these should help him.

Obviously Joker must have some ailment then that nobody knows about. How else can you explain his poor form?
In addition to burn-out after hammering himself to stay at the top for so long, and an ongoing elbow problem, Djoko had personal off-court issues, widely known to be matrimonial as a result of being unfaithful to his wife, to contend with, and what happens off-court can affect a player on-court.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] Reply