Poll
Predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Mahut in 2
Mahut in 3

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Reply

Queens R1: Andy Murray vs Nicolas Mahut

Exactly the same way he reacted when he played against Henman and Rusedski.
  Different dynamic though, surely?
IP Logged

How come? 
IP Logged

Well he's the established top guy, and Bedene the up and coming newbie.
IP Logged

Because Andy is now the guy who is leading the charge for British tennis and has been for 10 years. Where as when Andy played Henman he was the challenger against Henman who was the experienced player, who Andy looked up to in a similar way to how I'd suspect Bedene looks up to Andy.
IP Logged

Well he's the established top guy, and Bedene the up and coming newbie.
So?  I'm not following,  Andy is way, way beyond that now.
IP Logged

I'd suspect Bedene looks up to Andy.
Depends, how tall is he. Think
IP Logged

So?  I'm not following,  Andy is way, way beyond that now.
  Now I'm confused. Matthew seems to get it though.
IP Logged

Or if he's lying down. Or jumping for a smash. Or bending over with his head between his knees.
IP Logged

Aljaz is 6 foot to Andy's 6 foot 3. Very Happy
IP Logged

How come you're confused?  I don't see Andy getting fussed in any way, shape or form about playing this guy tomorrow.  Like I said - way, way beyond anything that may cross his mind, just because his opponent chooses to play for the same country as him.
IP Logged

Aljaz is 6 foot to Andy's 6 foot 3. Very Happy
So Andy being upper class will look down on Aljaz who is lower class. Very Happy
IP Logged

How come you're confused?  I don't see Andy getting fussed in any way, shape or form about playing this guy tomorrow.  Like I said - way, way beyond anything that may cross his mind, just because his opponent chooses to play for the same country as him.
  No I don't think he'll be fussed, disturbed, upset or in any way discomposed by anything Bedene throws at him, or offer any concessions to top quality tennis. I do think however he'll be more restrained in his verbal aggression, and appreciative of his good play by his opponent.
IP Logged

No I don't think he'll be fussed, disturbed, upset or in any way discomposed by anything Bedene throws at him, or offer any concessions to top quality tennis. I do think however he'll be more restrained in his verbal aggression, and appreciative of his good play by his opponent.
I think you're being a tad naive, if I'm honest here.
IP Logged

I think you're being a tad naive, if I'm honest here.
  Aye, well, whatever.
IP Logged

I think I get it, too.   You mean Andy at 19 y.o. playing Tim Henman is a totally different scenario to Andy at 29 y.o., No. 1 in GB and No. 2 in the world, playing Alijaz Bedene.   As an aside,  I'm pretty sure Andy never played Rusedski but would have to check that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Reply