MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking
Poll
What will Andy's ranking be at the end of 2017?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 732 Reply

Murray's Ranking

Just heard on the BBC that Andy's ranking will be as number 3 come Monday, anyone know if this is true as I know we can't always trust the media reports  w00t
IP Logged

Just heard on the BBC that Andy's ranking will be as number 3 come Monday, anyone know if this is true as I know we can't always trust the media reports  w00t
I can't see this as being true, I think they must have meant he was the third person to qualify for the O2 at the end of the year, there's too big a gap between Murray and Federer.
IP Logged

I can't see this as being true, I think they must have meant he was the third person to qualify for the O2 at the end of the year, there's too big a gap between Murray and Federer.
It's possible if Andy wins the US and federer goes out prior the semis.
IP Logged

He's third in the 'Race' but not in the rankings.  Great that he's qualified for London ahead of His Smugness though!
IP Logged

Thanks for that info Alis!!........... Super
IP Logged

Brilliant news that Andy has qualified - can't wait to see him there - and even better that smugfed trails in fourth place. 
IP Logged

Hi LL - can you tell us what the gap now is between Andy and smugfed?
IP Logged

Hi LL - can you tell us what the gap now is between Andy and smugfed?

As of this morning the standings are:

Djokovic  14720
Nadal      10620
Federer   8380
Andy       7165
Ferrer     4200

It looks as though the only possible change in position between now and the year end would be between Andy and Federer.  Ferrer is too far below Andy to be a threat, Rafa can't catch Novak and Federer can't catch Nadal. 
[ Last edit by Alis September 13, 2011, 01:03 pm ] IP Logged

It looks as though the only possible change in position between now and the year end would be between Andy and Federer.

I'm chomping at the bit for that to happen.
IP Logged

I'm chomping at the bit for that to happen.
Me too!
IP Logged
dex

As of this morning the standings are:

Djokovic  14720
Nadal      10620
Federer   8380
Andy       7165
Ferrer     4200

It looks as though the only possible change in position between now and the year end would be between Andy and Federer.  Ferrer is too far below Andy to be a threat, Rafa can't catch Novak and Federer can't catch Nadal. 
Andy has 1715 points to defend before year end.
Federer has over 3200 points for the same period.  Andy has a good chance to reduce the gap or even catch him for year end.
IP Logged

I have updated the rankings chart for post USO and going into the last tournaments of the year.

All remaining points that the "top 25" players have to defend have been deducted! So it shows the situation with all players on a so called "Even Keel"

Andy is therefore shown to be 280 points ahead of Federer and in the No3. spot. For Murray to "retain"/achieve this position  - he has to try to maintain these points - of course Fed will no doubt be trying very hard to stop him taking over!

Murray is defending 1715 but if his schedule is correct has a possible 4750 remaining tournament points possible.

Federer is defending 3210 and if he completes his published schedule 4000 remaining points possible.

The biggest challenge for Fed (imo) will be defending the 1500 pnts he has from last years WTF. Just can't see him doing it this year  Think

* Tennis Rankings Aug 2011.pdf (229.98 KB - downloaded 96 times.)
* Tennis Rankings Aug 2011.xls (68 KB - downloaded 77 times.)
* Tennis Rankings Aug 2011.pdf (229.94 KB - downloaded 88 times.)
* Tennis Rankings Aug 2011.xls (67.5 KB - downloaded 64 times.)
[ Last edit by Lucky Loser September 14, 2011, 11:22 am ] IP Logged

Thanks LL - looking hopeful!
IP Logged

Thanks LL - looking hopeful!

My pleasure Alis. Here's hoping that he can get the No4 ranking off his back and be poised to start the 2012 season as No3  Little tongue man
IP Logged

My pleasure Alis. Here's hoping that he can get the No4 ranking off his back and be poised to start the 2012 season as No3  Little tongue man

In all honesty there is no practical difference between 3 and 4 but what a confidence boost that would be for Andy
Fingers and toes firmly crossed  !
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 732 Reply