MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Roland Garros 2016 SF: Andy Murray vs Stan Wawrinka
Poll
Predictions
Murray in 3 - 3 (8.1%)
Murray in 4 - 19 (51.4%)
Murray in 5 - 8 (21.6%)
Wawrinka in 3 - 0 (0%)
Wawrinka in 4 - 6 (16.2%)
Wawrinka in 5 - 1 (2.7%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 Reply

Roland Garros 2016 SF: Andy Murray vs Stan Wawrinka

Andy won today on my mum's birthday and if he wins Queens it'll be on my birthday, and of course he won Rome on his birthday.  I don't know what this signifies but I like it!  Very Happy
IP Logged

Courier thought Andy would have the advantage physically because he's only played on 2 days this week,  The fact he looked exhausted at the end of this one doesn't mean much I think as he has plenty of time to recover and it must have been emotionally as well as physically tiring keeping it all together against a player like Stan so not surprising if he looked the more tired.   I think probably it will be pretty much even stevens given Andy has been on court longer overall but those first two matches are just distant nightmares now.  Unbelievable really when you think how things were looking in those first two matches.
It's the emotional side that worries me a bit.  I just hope Andy has enough of that left in the tank come the final.  He needs to chill out with Kim and Sophia as much as he can tomorrow.  Mind you the way Novak's been going he could be a nervous wreck on Sunday!
IP Logged

Players who DIDN'T make the final of all four Majors;  Sampras, Borg, McEnroe, Connors & Becker.

Oooft.  I'm tripley impressed with our Andy now.  What a wonderful achievement.
IP Logged

Thankfully, despite the currently threatening flooding in Paris, the weather looks set to beHate to disappoint you but the weather forecast for Sunday is for hot, dry weather.

I've heard that suits Andy lol. because it's easier to hit through the ball when it's dry and hot.
Who knows who to believe?
IP Logged

Thankfully, despite the currently threatening flooding in Paris, the weather looks set to beHate to disappoint you but the weather forecast for Sunday is for hot, dry weather.

Not according to BBC. They have it cloudy with temperature around 20C. Drizzle in the morning with thunderstorms late afternoon. So conditions likely to be pretty similar, maybe just a bit warmer?
IP Logged

So fine, Andy!   Andy has matured into the most amazing player, our dream come true, and it couldn't have happened to anyone more deserving!   Well done, Andy!

I think Andy can beat the odds, and Djokovic on Sunday.  Not saying I think it will be easy, as D'joker will pull out all the stops and try to win by hook or by crook if necessary, so Andy beware, be cunning, be smart & don't give him an inch.  When he makes a point on the way back in & gets the crowd cheering for him, let it roll off with a grin and get back in.  Go for it & may the luck & derring-do of all the Scots and your ancestors on both sides be with you!
IP Logged

That was about as comfortable a grand slam semi that Andy has played, hopefully one day he will win a SF in straight sets!
IP Logged

Not according to BBC. They have it cloudy with temperature around 20C. Drizzle in the morning with thunderstorms late afternoon. So conditions likely to be pretty similar, maybe just a bit warmer?
I've heard that too about more rain, but Accuweather are usually quite reliable.  The bottom line though is, as a meteorologist friend told me, that nobody can accurately predict the weather for more than about 12 hours ahead.
IP Logged

That was about as comfortable a grand slam semi that Andy has played, hopefully one day he will win a SF in straight sets!
apart from the fact that it kept him on court longer I don't mind him losing a set because his reaction to doing so was so impressive. 
IP Logged

He's usually been playing Nadal, Federer or Djokovic in a SF

True but also BerdychX2, CIlic, Ferrer, Raonic, Janowicz, Tsonga.
IP Logged

apart from the fact that it kept him on court longer I don't mind him losing a set because his reaction to doing so was so impressive. 

It was, that 4-5 game was probably the only bad game Andy played in the whole match.
IP Logged

and for once the loss didn't seem to get to him at all,  He just came out with purpose to break Stan immediately,  That must have utterly deflated Stan just when he and the crowd thought he had the wind in his sails for first time since the opening two games
IP Logged

So fine, Andy!   Andy has matured into the most amazing player, our dream come true, and it couldn't have happened to anyone more deserving!   Well done, Andy!

I think Andy can beat the odds, and Djokovic on Sunday.  Not saying I think it will be easy, as D'joker will pull out all the stops and try to win by hook or by crook if necessary, so Andy beware, be cunning, be smart & don't give him an inch.  When he makes a point on the way back in & gets the crowd cheering for him, let it roll off with a grin and get back in.  Go for it & may the luck & derring-do of all the Scots and your ancestors on both sides be with you!

I second this. Love your post adb...OH. woohoo
IP Logged

IP Logged

Well done to Andy on a great win today. I haven't watched the match yet but I recorded it, so i am going to watch it now.  woohoo
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 Reply