Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Cerundolo in 3
Cerundolo in 4
Cerundolo in 5

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Reply

US Open R1: Andy Murray vs Francisco Cerundolo

I'm sure Andy was very glad to get out of that heat and humidity.  Said he felt like he'd played five sets, not three!  I don't know why he had to do two on-court interviews though.
IP Logged

^ I wanted to say that he would win in straight set because he should have done but I was being cautious! 

Pleased with that as there were some good plays in there and Ivan can coach him when playing to keep him on track.

Now up to ranked 45 which is good.  Who does he play next?
IP Logged

Very impressive win, every time Lendl is back on the scene he suddenly looks more aggressive. The forehand was the best I've seen for a while. Shame he wobbled serving it out three times though. He won't have the insurance of a double break in tougher matches.
[ Last edit by nestingus August 29, 2022, 09:02 pm ] IP Logged

Overall a good professional performance from Murray never allowed his opponent to get ahead at any stage barring the opening service game. More importantly a straight sets win to hopefully give himself an even better chance for recovery going into a nice looking second round match against a qualifier or John Millman.
IP Logged

^ Does anyone know anything about Emilio Nava, his next opponent?
IP Logged

^ Nothing, apart from the fact that he's 20 years old and currently ranked No. 200.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 29, 2022, 09:12 pm ] IP Logged

I watched the fifth set Nava vs. Millman. The American looked very agile around the court (even after nearly 4 hours) and did not hesitate to go for his shots. He finished the match in a dominant way.
IP Logged

I watched the fifth set Nava vs. Millman. The American looked very agile around the court (even after nearly 4 hours) and did not hesitate to go for his shots. He finished the match in a dominant way.
Thank you for that report.
IP Logged
Caz

Oh....Well done Andy!  yay cmon yeah
IP Logged

^ Nothing, apart from the fact that he's 20 years old and currently ranked No. 200.
https://www.livesport.com/uk/player/nava-emilio/AJGo8fir/
[ Last edit by Tonedial August 30, 2022, 01:50 am ] IP Logged

^ Thanks TD.
IP Logged

I wonder what it means to have a sweat test?

Yes well Lendl might be of some help.
Prince Andrew would definitely help. Whistle
IP Logged

Prince Andrew would definitely help. Whistle
lol 
IP Logged

http://nw.freestreams-live1.com/tennis-21/ andy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Reply