Murray in 4 - 18 (41.9%)
Murray in 5 - 7 (16.3%)
Federer in 3 - 5 (11.6%)
Federer in 4 - 4 (9.3%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 Reply

USO F: Murray vs Federer

It's not an infallible system. Currently it's also not fast enough.

True, but while not being 100% perfect, it has to be more accurate than the naked eye doesn't it?
IP Logged

yeh its just such a different tennis match against nadal than it is federer - totalally differernt styles and tactics to play them back to back without a days rest must be a nightmare
IP Logged

True, but while not being 100% perfect, it has to be more accurate than the naked eye doesn't it?

But it's a system that has to rely on the naked eye to call the play into question in the first place. Think
IP Logged

Quote from: "cheer up clydey"
Come off it, he almost got bagelled in the final set and lost the first set 6-2. If that's Murray playing well, he'll never win a slam. I think you're too much of a Federer fan to concede that, while he played amazing, he came up against an opponent he offered very little resistance.

Since when have you ever seen a top form Murray go down 5-0 in a set?

Ah well, everyone follows Murray their own way I guess - but I for one am enjoying following him through highs and lows.

Ive followed David Coulthard, Colin Montgomerie, Scotland football team - all of them have taken me on great emotional rides and all of them have failed to deliver that ultimate peak that they all could've.

Some think im an optimist or a 'fanboy' for my positive attitude but after following the above youre expectations subside and you can deal with defeat.

I also feel like the journey im going on with Murray is refreshingly different.

When Montgomerie has a 10ft putt for a major I dont feel like he's going to do it. When Scotland are battering England (Euro 2000 playoff) and Italy (Euro 2008 qualy) off the park you just know they're not going to make it by a hair's breadth.

As Murray improves you can just tell its building, even today when he's convincingly beaten you know he'll be back, better than ever.

I predict we're all going to get one hell of an ultimate high from Murray pretty soon.
IP Logged

Come off it, he almost got bagelled in the final set and lost the first set 6-2. If that's Murray playing well, he'll never win a slam. I think you're too much of a Federer fan to concede that, while he played amazing, he came up against an opponent he offered very little resistance.

Since when have you ever seen a top form Murray go down 5-0 in a set?

It's small margins mate. Federer was AWESOME. This is a FACT. Murray was not AWESOME, he was just good. Even Murray at AWESOME would have lost in 3, or maybe 4 sets tonight. Fed's FH was amazing and his control of the match was fantastic. I can't fault Murray at all really. The highlight from a fed point was at 5-6 in the second. What a way to play to win the set at that time. He was brilliant. What could Murray have done differently? Murray would have beat anyone outside of the top 3 tonight and I stand by that. Fed would have beat ANYONE in straight sets.
IP Logged

It's small margins mate. Federer was AWESOME. This is a FACT. Murray was not AWESOME, he was just good. Even Murray at AWESOME would have lost in 3, or maybe 4 sets tonight. Fed's FH was amazing and his control of the match was fantastic. I can't fault Murray at all really. The highlight from a fed point was at 5-6 in the second. What a way to play to win the set at that time. He was brilliant. What could Murray have done differently? Murray would have beat anyone outside of the top 3 tonight and I stand by that. Fed would have beat ANYONE in straight sets.

I exaggerated when I said Murray was terrible, but I still don't think he played well.  Perhaps as much tactical as anything else.  He was too passive.  You obviously can't afford to do that when Federer is hitting his forehand like that.
IP Logged

But it's a system that has to rely on the naked eye to call the play into question in the first place. Think

True. It's an interesting debate that can go on forever so no point adding anymore. lol
Just my opinion that if the technology is there, you should be allowed to use it.
IP Logged

Ah well, everyone follows Murray their own way I guess - but I for one am enjoying following him through highs and lows.

Ive followed David Coulthard, Colin Montgomerie, Scotland football team - all of them have taken me on great emotional rides and all of them have failed to deliver that ultimate peak that they all could've.

Some think im an optimist or a 'fanboy' for my positive attitude but after following the above youre expectations subside and you can deal with defeat.

I also feel like the journey im going on with Murray is refreshingly different.

When Montgomerie has a 10ft putt for a major I dont feel like he's going to do it. When Scotland are battering England (Euro 2000 playoff) and Italy (Euro 2008 qualy) off the park you just know they're not going to make it by a hair's breadth.

As Murray improves you can just tell its building, even today when he's convincingly beaten you know he'll be back, better than ever.

I predict we're all going to get one hell of an ultimate high from Murray pretty soon.

I'm not disappointed about the loss. I'm disappointed that it was so one sided. I wanted Murray to be competitive. The journalists are likely going to have a field day, as they did when Nadal destroyed Andy at Wimbledon.
IP Logged

I exaggerated when I said Murray was terrible, but I still don't think he played well.  Perhaps as much tactical as anything else.  He was too passive.  You obviously can't afford to do that when Federer is hitting his forehand like that.

He was outplayed as I highlighted in the Nadal thread Wink

It's small margins between all the players really and small margins as well between what each fan thinks. Naturally I'll be biased more towards Fed as I appreciate his tennis so much. He was at his best tonight, he truly was and yes, Murray wasn't at his best, that I can admit. But he wasn't playing like the Murray of the 3rd Round. Or the Murray of the Olympics. Or any other loss where he's given the game away. He didn't give it away tonight at all. Fed beat him fair and square. I honestly could not say that Murray lost. Fed won that match. You have to have massive respect for the tennis those guy produced. Look at how many times the crowd went "ooooohhh" for a Fed shot. And more unbelievably, how many times Murray got those amazing shots back in court.... that can't be playing "badly" can it??
IP Logged

True. It's an interesting debate that can go on forever so no point adding anymore. lol
Just my opinion that if the technology is there, you should be allowed to use it.

I agree with your opinion. But I think you are already allowed to use it, no need to abuse it. That is my point Wink
IP Logged

I'm not disappointed about the loss. I'm disappointed that it was so one sided. I wanted Murray to be competitive. The journalists are likely going to have a field day, as they did when Nadal destroyed Andy at Wimbledon.

For a tiny moment i thought he was going to do something cheekily special and storm back into the 3rd set - he gave us that final glimour.

The press will do their thing and the fairweather fans who didnt know the US Open was on till 24 hours ago will scurry off back to their ignorant "murray is a petulant w**ker" "murray will never win".

C'est la vie.

On the other hand some fairweather fans will have been converted and the Murray has more and more experience - you'll have your moment and I daresay you, Clydey, will enjoy it more than anyone for the amount you give to it Smile
IP Logged

I don't think the press can do that really. Would be very disappointed if they did. Murray did not lose that match. Fed came out and won it.
IP Logged

He was outplayed as I highlighted in the Nadal thread Wink

It's small margins between all the players really and small margins as well between what each fan thinks. Naturally I'll be biased more towards Fed as I appreciate his tennis so much. He was at his best tonight, he truly was and yes, Murray wasn't at his best, that I can admit. But he wasn't playing like the Murray of the 3rd Round. Or the Murray of the Olympics. Or any other loss where he's given the game away. He didn't give it away tonight at all. Fed beat him fair and square. I honestly could not say that Murray lost. Fed won that match. You have to have massive respect for the tennis those guy produced. Look at how many times the crowd went "ooooohhh" for a Fed shot. And more unbelievably, how many times Murray got those amazing shots back in court.... that can't be playing "badly" can it??

I honestly think we watched a different match. Murray didn't do the simple things well tonight. He was making unforced errors when he was playing rally shot. Federer only ever made UEs when he was going for a winner.

I felt this was Murray's worst performance of the fortnight. That's not to say he would have won if he had played his best, but I think he made it impossible for himself with tonight's display.
IP Logged

For a tiny moment i thought he was going to do something cheekily special and storm back into the 3rd set - he gave us that final glimour.

The press will do their thing and the fairweather fans who didnt know the US Open was on till 24 hours ago will scurry off back to their ignorant "murray is a petulant w**ker" "murray will never win".

C'est la vie.

On the other hand some fairweather fans will have been converted and the Murray has more and more experience - you'll have your moment and I daresay you, Clydey, will enjoy it more than anyone for the amount you give to it Smile

Oh, believe me, I will Wink
IP Logged

I honestly think we watched a different match. Murray didn't do the simple things well tonight. He was making unforced errors when he was playing rally shot. Federer only ever made UEs when he was going for a winner.

I felt this was Murray's worst performance of the fortnight. That's not to say he would have won if he had played his best, but I think he made it impossible for himself with tonight's display.

Totally wide of the mark there mate. The UE's stick in people's minds I feel. He did make some bad errors. But he was still good. It was his third BEST match after Nadal and Wawrinka. Fed was just too good. That's all there is too it. There are very little negatives to take from this tournament overall.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 Reply