MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25 Reply

Wimbledon

Exactly and imagine the atmosphere on centre court, Davis Cup was born to be at Wimbledon.
IP Logged

yea.... too bad they dont have whiteman cup anymore...
IP Logged

yea.... too bad they dont have whiteman cup anymore...
confused what's whiteman cup confused.
IP Logged

a competition between USA and Great Britain involving their women players. it only involved these two countries and they played best out of 7 matches...
IP Logged

That sounds cool Very Happy,

was it for real?
IP Logged

They can't play the Davis cup at wimbledon. I mean while it'd be cool and they'd get big crowds the tie is JUST after the tournament. Can you think what condition the grass'd be in. The club neet to use that time to bring it back up to the lush green it is week one, not let the davis cup team thrash on it training all week and then play 5 more 5 setters on it!
IP Logged

They can't play the Davis cup at wimbledon. I mean while it'd be cool and they'd get big crowds the tie is JUST after the tournament. Can you think what condition the grass'd be in. The club neet to use that time to bring it back up to the lush green it is week one, not let the davis cup team thrash on it training all week and then play 5 more 5 setters on it!
It will be good though won't it, I'm not talking about now but in the future Very Happy.
IP Logged

they r gonna use wimbledon for the olympic in 2012
IP Logged

Yeah they plan to put on those giant sunroof things that they can close if the rain comes on.
IP Logged

that is so cool. i cant wait for the roof to come
IP Logged
arka

I also read somewhere that they want to replace the natural grass with a synthetic variant. Tennis is losing a fan in that case.....
IP Logged

i hope they dont... that would suck.
IP Logged
arka

Ill change my decision, I wont quit watching tennis. Andy and people out here mean too much to me to quit it.

But it will tear my heart for sure, if it happens that is.
IP Logged

they've been planning that for years, so far no roof... I believe every roof they looked at would have caused a micro-climate which would have made the ground wet anyway... rain under the roof basically.
IP Logged

thats true unless they do the ventilation right.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25 Reply