MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Wimbledon 2016 QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfred Tsonga
Poll
Predictions
Murray in 3 - 12 (50%)
Murray in 4 - 11 (45.8%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (4.2%)
Tsonga in 3 - 0 (0%)
Tsonga in 4 - 0 (0%)
Tsonga in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 Reply

Wimbledon 2016 QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfred Tsonga

I have this horrible feeling Raonic is going to win this year .What a horrible feeling that is .
IP Logged

Just finished watching recording as if "live" (hubby on very strict instructions not to tell me iPhone live scores while we were on the GO train home.)
Haven't read anyone's posts.

What. A. Match!!

I sensed Jo was saving himself to go gung-ho in the 3rd, but I did not see that 4th set coming!
But as soon as Andy stepped up for the 5th it was never in doubt for me.

Great stuff from both of them. As a tennis fan, that was a fabulously enjoyable ride. Smile
IP Logged

Listening to Jo (my 2nd fave player) after the match he sounded so despondent I wanted to give him a wee hug.  Thought it was great though that the crowd gave him the standing ovation he so richly deserved and which he clearly appreciated.
IP Logged

IP Logged

I absolutely love that first game of the 5th set where Andy pointed to his head and screamed that there was no way he was losing this match, awesome stuff from him. I think Jo's performance here was commendable, and vs anyone else, i'd have been rooting for him.
IP Logged
deb

clap   If Ruthie survived that we'll get a first hand account.     She will have had a great day.

How lovely for her .
IP Logged

Brilliant match. Great effort from Jo to take it to a fifth set - he played really well to do so. Unfortunate that he had to draw Andy as I think he'd have beaten any other player left in the draw.

I thought Andy would still win but there were nervy moments in the first game of the fifth set! Gutsy hold and I loved how he got the crowd involved in the tight moments. So much determination, great to see.
IP Logged

I have this horrible feeling Raonic is going to win this year .What a horrible feeling that is .
Yes a horrible feeling.   I am trying not to think that far ahead, but yes, a loss to either Federer or Raonic will be tough.   

IP Logged

Not so much Federer but Raonic bores me to tears his one shot tennis is killing the game.
IP Logged

Yes a horrible feeling.   I am trying not to think that far ahead, but yes, a loss to either Federer or Raonic will be tough.   

Actually, a loss to Raonic would not be as bad as a loss to Federer. I just couldn't bear to have him and his fawning fans owning Centre Court against Andy. That would be too much.
IP Logged
deb

That would be the worst, but I really think Andy will win , he's ready again .
IP Logged

We are going to see some awsome tennis on Friday. At the end of the day fed and raonic with all fedsexperience you would expect fed to win, but he has a five set match yesterday and whether he can return the serves like andy did at queens remains to be seen.murray and berdych also a difficult encounter but I am sure Andy can win this.He must get the crowd more involved like the 5th set against Tsonga. Good luck to Andy  he must get through.
IP Logged

Listening to Jo (my 2nd fave player) after the match he sounded so despondent I wanted to give him a wee hug.  Thought it was great though that the crowd gave him the standing ovation he so richly deserved and which he clearly appreciated.
Yes no sense of the crowd being against Jo Aileen, just that most of us were of course for Andy.  But Jo had his supporters too (see my post on match report thread).  I thought it was a lovely fraternal embrace that Jo gave Andy at the end.  They are of course friends.  

I think I'd prefer a loss to Fed than to Raonic because I really do not want Raonic winning a slam - or at least not while Andy is still in the running.  And at least Fed's tennis is more deserving of  winning a slam.  The other factor is that if Andy were playing Fed the crowd would be split whereas if he were playing Raonic they'll nearly all be with Andy.   All that said first things first, Andy needs to win tomorrow (obviously).  It does worry me a bit that some commentators are talking as if the trophy is already his.
[ Last edit by Ruthie July 07, 2016, 05:34 PM ] IP Logged

clap   If Ruthie survived that we'll get a first hand account.     She will have had a great day.

Well she only just survived!  I was physically shaking by the end.  I was so   nervous   And am still feeling the after effects.   Despite being really tired I was so hyped up I couldn't go to bed when I got in so watched the highlights on eurosport (which allowed me to see part of what I'd missed at start of 5th set).  I've written a bit more on the match report thread iluvandy.
IP Logged

Well she only just survived!  I was physically shaking by the end.  I was so   nervous   And am still feeling the after effects.   Despite being really tired I was so hyped up I couldn't go to bed when I got in so watched the highlights on eurosport (which allowed me to see part of what I'd missed at start of 5th set).  I've written a bit more on the match report thread iluvandy.
Aw - I feel for you, Ruthie.  Must have been agonising to watch live.  Still - it'll be something you'll never forget and he did it in the end.  Let's go, Andy!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 Reply