Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Lu in 3
Lu in 4
Lu in 5

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Reply

Wimbledon 2016 R2: Andy Murray vs Yen-Hsun Lu

lol (Again a double take to understand your words). Oui Cher Coll├Ęgue.

Im clever but "even" I don't get that......Shang a Lang.
IP Logged

Agree on the hyping

- but is it possible it  was a game plan for this specific player
Very possible, particularly as we weren't the ones on court playing his opponent.  In fact the more I think about it, the more possible I think it is because he usually got Lu pushed to the baseline first before coming up to the net and delivering his little drop shots, and so Lu, not being quite as good a sprinter as Andy is, got caught out by them.
IP Logged

As usual I was at work when the match was played... I've only managed to turn the Stream on back home. It was the last 2 games I believe. Commies were praising Andy for a top performance against a tough opponent.
Those of you who have seen Andy's full matches. How is he at this stage of the championships ? The scores tell an easy business but reality could be different
IP Logged

As usual I was at work when the match was played... I've only managed to turn the Stream on back home. It was the last 2 games I believe. Commies were praising Andy for a top performance against a tough opponent.
Those of you who have seen Andy's full matches. How is he at this stage of the championships ? The scores tell an easy business but reality could be different
His match against Liam Broady was little more than a good practice match, although Broady finally found more confidence in the 3rd set to make it more competitive.

Against Lu, the first set was a bit of a struggle with close games as Andy got off to a slow start, allowing Lu, who was playing strongly at that point, to take a 3-0 lead.  Once Andy got going in the 2nd set Lu was no match for him, and he was a delight to watch, hitting 23 winners, converting five break points and losing just 11 points on his own serve, and regularly confounding Lu with some beautifully executed drop shots.

I'm no expert but I'd say he was doing quite nicely for this stage of the tournament, although a slow start like this is a bit of a worry.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Reply