Murray in 4 - 8 (53.3%)
Murray in 5 - 0 (0%)
Fognini in 3 - 0 (0%)
Fognini in 4 - 0 (0%)
Fognini in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] Reply

Wimbledon 2017 R3: Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini

It's no more weird than your posts in the middle of a match.    What's he playing at.    This is abysmal.    Whatever rubbish comes into your head.    You give up at the first sign of trouble.   Thank the Lord, Andy isn't like that or he wouldn't be Wimbledon champion.    You post whatever you want, when you want, and I see no reason why I shouldn't do likewise.

those are perfectly normal reactions to sports. reactions murray himself has and also no doubt will have had when watching football and boxing. only the sycophants on here think it's unusual, but that's no surprise considering your support of murray seems to be based on him being a lovely boy who you'd love to wrap up in a blanket.

and the difference between me and you is that i post about the match, during the match, considering this is a MATCH thread afterall. you just seem to cherrypick whatever has annoyed you after the fact. it's an instant reaction to any point. anything i posted after the match is perfectly valid and, again, is only taken apart by people with a bone to pick; like you, for example. but it's quite clear you and your kind quite literally don't want discussion and would rather just all sit around constantly repeating how tough it is for him and how proud you are. it's driven away many good posters who actually contributed on this site rather than the endless circlejerk that you seem to want.

not to mention my posting what i want involves simply commenting on the match. yours seems to just be attacking me. and believe me, a lot of people (including the so called positive posters) were reacting badly to how the match was going. it's what people do when they're invested in the absurdity of sports. but you wouldn't understand that because i don't think you actually care one bit about tennis, beyond the lovely andy murray.
IP Logged

^  I remember Mardy and it's nice to have news of him, he was a nice player to watch Smile
Maybe he'll commentate at Wimbledon one day soon Smile
He is actually working with two others and they talk between matches on ESPN.  He is a very nice fellow.
IP Logged

Then you must be a lobster, Deb!  Wink
You all are very funny.....
IP Logged
plj

Has everyone forgotten his "I don't speak French, you dumbass" to Tsonga? I wouldn't call that "nice".
IP Logged

The squabbling certainly puts me off coming here, Ghostbuster, and I'm sad to see that on a rare dip back in here it's still going on.  I can see both sides of the argument actually and as long as there's no abuse towards Andy I kind of wish peeps could all try and be a bit more tolerant of how each individual reacts and expresses themselves differently.  My usual reaction to comments that I don't like is to roll my eyes, bite my tongue, and move on, because, really, at this point, it's the same tired argument being repeated endlessly and it does a disservice to this site.  Constructive criticism is all fine and well, as long as it is constructive and not melodramatic overreaction, but to be honest I've been too scared in the past to even be constructive for fear of what reaction I'm going to get.  And so that's why I largely stay away at this point.
IP Logged

The squabbling certainly puts me off coming here, Ghostbuster, and I'm sad to see that on a rare dip back in here it's still going on.  I can see both sides of the argument actually and as long as there's no abuse towards Andy I kind of wish peeps could all try and be a bit more tolerant of how each individual reacts and expresses themselves differently.  My usual reaction to comments that I don't like is to roll my eyes, bite my tongue, and move on, because, really, at this point, it's the same tired argument being repeated endlessly and it does a disservice to this site.  Constructive criticism is all fine and well, as long as it is constructive and not melodramatic overreaction, but to be honest I've been too scared in the past to even be constructive for fear of what reaction I'm going to get.  And so that's why I largely stay away at this point.

that's fine, and i wouldn't be abusive to anyone on here without being antagonized first. and i don't think i've ever truly criticized murray outside of when a match is taking place. you're right that it is the same argument over and over but it seems to be initiated by people who just can't seem to grasp that how i (and many others) react is how a vast, vast majority of people and sports fans do react. and i'm sorry it's driven you away, truly. there have also been a few very good posters who have left for the opposite reasons, that any criticism or discussion is met with shouting down by hordes of people extremely sensitive to any "negativity".
IP Logged

Please be clear I wasn't just singleing you out, Ghostbuster, but rather talking in more general terms about the arguments resulting from both points of view.  I've been very angry at the defeatist attitude on here at times, the absolutely over the top language used to basically write Andy off not only in the current match he's playing in but also the entire tornament, the entire season, and even the rest of his career.  That, I would say, is ridiculous, and it's predictably at a time when everyone's emotions are high so it pushes a lot of buttons.  Sometimes a little self-restraint goes a long way.  But that goes both ways; if you don't like what someone has said, say so by all means, and then just move on because I've seen arguments about negativity going on for far too long and draining the life out of the place.

Anyway, I just wanted to say my piece, which I've done before to no avail because people will be people.  lol.  I've never been driven away permanently because there are some truly lovely people here and when we're happy we're really happy.  I just find that I'm also a wee bit happier when I limit my time spent here during tournaments.
IP Logged

those are perfectly normal reactions to sports. reactions murray himself has and also no doubt will have had when watching football and boxing. only the sycophants on here think it's unusual, but that's no surprise considering your support of murray seems to be based on him being a lovely boy who you'd love to wrap up in a blanket.

and the difference between me and you is that i post about the match, during the match, considering this is a MATCH thread afterall. you just seem to cherrypick whatever has annoyed you after the fact. it's an instant reaction to any point. anything i posted after the match is perfectly valid and, again, is only taken apart by people with a bone to pick; like you, for example. but it's quite clear you and your kind quite literally don't want discussion and would rather just all sit around constantly repeating how tough it is for him and how proud you are. it's driven away many good posters who actually contributed on this site rather than the endless circlejerk that you seem to want.

not to mention my posting what i want involves simply commenting on the match. yours seems to just be attacking me. and believe me, a lot of people (including the so called positive posters) were reacting badly to how the match was going. it's what people do when they're invested in the absurdity of sports. but you wouldn't understand that because i don't think you actually care one bit about tennis, beyond the lovely andy murray.

You are just being silly but that's nothing new.    Grow up little boy.
IP Logged

Please be clear I wasn't just singleing you out, Ghostbuster, but rather talking in more general terms about the arguments resulting from both points of view.  I've been very angry at the defeatist attitude on here at times, the absolutely over the top language used to basically write Andy off not only in the current match he's playing in but also the entire tornament, the entire season, and even the rest of his career.  That, I would say, is ridiculous, and it's predictably at a time when everyone's emotions are high so it pushes a lot of buttons.  Sometimes a little self-restraint goes a long way.  But that goes both ways; if you don't like what someone has said, say so by all means, and then just move on because I've seen arguments about negativity going on for far too long and draining the life out of the place.
I totally agree with that, particularly the last statement!  It's always been thus though, at least ever since I joined in 2010.

[ Last edit by Aileen July 09, 2017, 12:04 AM ] IP Logged

You are just being silly but that's nothing new.    Grow up little boy.

the funny thing is you've done more to derail any discussion than any criticisms of murray. and you have absolutely no response to any of it because you don't even have a point. my frustration during a match is merely shouting into the void, whereas you seem to have an actual bone to pick with me for whatever bizarre reason. i'd say that's a lot more negative than someone being frustrated during a match. but you don't want discussion or debate, that's clear.
IP Logged
dex

I still find it difficult to watch Andy. It's like as soon as I start watching he starts to lose. I get very tense, I can't imagine how his family must feel. I tend to record and play back when I know he has won.
IP Logged

the funny thing is you've done more to derail any discussion than any criticisms of murray. and you have absolutely no response to any of it because you don't even have a point. my frustration during a match is merely shouting into the void, whereas you seem to have an actual bone to pick with me for whatever bizarre reason. i'd say that's a lot more negative than someone being frustrated during a match. but you don't want discussion or debate, that's clear.

No point in arguing with you so the floor is yours.     I must point out, however,  that "merely shouting into the void" would be screaming at the television -  my method - not posting.    The forum is not a void.
IP Logged

'Whatever happens this year at Wimbledon, I want to thank Andy for being the courageous warrior out on that court and making us all proud.'

Well said apollo.  Of course Andy was far from his best in that match but to snatch that 5th set away from the Erroll Flynn wannabe  the way he did showed such spirit and indeed skill in the end.  He did indeed show what a 'courageous warrior' he is and wasn't it great to see the muzza roar once more.  I wish we had an emoji for it   w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] Reply