Poll
Outcome?
Murray in 3 - 3 (6%)
Murray in 4 - 17 (34%)
Murray in 5 - 22 (44%)
Nadal in 3 - 2 (4%)
Nadal in 4 - 2 (4%)
Nadal in 5 - 2 (4%)
Nadal slips on a banana and retires. - 2 (4%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 47 Reply

Wimbledon SF - Murray vs Nadal

Haha. As much as it would be nice to keep it, I find it supersticionally bad to keep it the same... He's so different now, such a different player... The picture should reflect that!
IP Logged

If Andy reaches the final I think we should have a special commemorative banner. Though if Andy would then win the final we would have to have a different banner. lol
IP Logged

I must say, in terms of entertainment, Murray v Nadal matches are something special.

Here's a few videos to whet your appetite. It is always refreshing to see Andy playing aggressive tennis, he will serve and volley more, he will come forward behind crosscourt backhands to the net, I believe when he plays this way he is arguably one of the most exciting players on the tour to watch.

Mark - any chance of a banner being made? yay

Thanks very much Andrew.  Watched all 3 videos and love them all.  It appears that Andy at AO-2010 is hitting the ball a bit slower compared to AO-2007 but he has more stamina and able to generate tremendous pace when needed, and a more complete player.  Nadal in contrast seems a tad slower at AO this year as compared to 3 years ago and not as dynamic which is not surprising as he retired in the 3rd set.
IP Logged

If Andy reaches the final I think we should have a special commemorative banner. Though if Andy would then win the final we would have to have a different banner. lol
I agree with that, although I'm working very very hard not to get ahead of myself so I've only considered the first part!
IP Logged

This is tennis.
I really hope Andy wins and I think he will. Rafa is playing tremendous, but Soderling gifted him alot of errors from what I saw Andy is less likely to do that. And Nadal can be overpowered and a number of players this tournament have shown that. Nadal looks determined  and will be favorite but I am about 60% sure Andy will win.
IP Logged

I CAN'T believe what I'm reading, even for the negative posters on here. I remember in the AO after Murray beat Isner, everyone thought murray would beat nadal in 3! And he was in good form then! He's clearly not in great form at wimbledon, going to 5 setters here and there. If andy plays like he did in the AO he has this in the bag.

Plus his serve is great atm, I don't see Nadal finding an easy way to break him.

Also, those that said Murray gets beaten easily by big hitters in grand slams should be eating their words now, hes just beaten a big hitter afterall!
IP Logged

Mark that is a pathetic photo of Rafa, talk about jealousy! doh

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay yay yay

Not predicting anything. Andy in 4
IP Logged

Murray in 3 sets

i saw this in a dream lol
IP Logged

I CAN'T believe what I'm reading, even for the negative posters on here. I remember in the AO after Murray beat Isner, everyone thought murray would beat nadal in 3! And he was in good form then! He's clearly not in great form at wimbledon, going to 5 setters here and there. If andy plays like he did in the AO he has this in the bag.

Plus his serve is great atm, I don't see Nadal finding an easy way to break him.

Also, those that said Murray gets beaten easily by big hitters in grand slams should be eating their words now, hes just beaten a big hitter afterall!
He doesn't get beaten by big hitters in slams, because of the five sets, but he gets beaten by big hitters everywhere else!

And I think to say his serve is great might be a bit too far, but if he brings it to the match like it was towards the end of the Tsonga match, he will be in a good position!
IP Logged

You've not been posting long then, it's been this negative since about Indian Wells in 2007. Prior to that it was incredibly upbeat about Andy's achievements. Even in defeat, such as in Andy loss to Rafa in OZ'07, there was a sense on here that Andy had still achieved great things. Despite Andy reaching 2 Slam finals and 4 Masters Series titles, par here is unbelievably negative. If these are Andy's supporters...

Anyway, rant over, to tomorrow's game.

For me anyway, the match will be won and lost by how well Andy plays his forehand down the line to Nadal's forehand.

Every time Andy has beaten Nadal, that's the shot that has done it for him. Tsonga and Soderling have also beaten Nadal using that shot. Not that it's a weakness as per Nadal, just Nadal is always expecting the ball to his backhand, and probably will have done for 10 years at least, hitting it to his forehand, wrong foots him slightly.
IP Logged

This match is too close to call, which Andy Murray will turn up. If Andy is in form and he gets his first serve in consistently (70%), then I think he will win but Raffa is a great player and if Andy does not bring his A game, then Raffa will win. I think this really is about Andy, Australian form, hooray, recent form, boohoo.
Getting excited just thinking about it, this is building up to being the match of the tournament (ok that ridiculously long match maybe). Don’t think my fingernails will survive this one. Come on Andy!!!
IP Logged

Second up tomorrow, around 4PM depending on how long the Faker and Berdych take.
IP Logged

Hope Berdych and Djokovic play out a 5 hour epic, so that the roof gets closed for this. Very Happy
IP Logged

Does anyone have any idea what the rankings will be next week ? Someone said that Federer will be Number 3 ? So will Andy stay at No. 4 ?
IP Logged

Yes, it's guaranteed to be Nadal-Djokovic-Federer-Murray on Monday.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 47 Reply