MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26 Reply

World Tour Finals RR: Murray vs Ferrer

Goodness me - some people on this forum are having a field day.   Andy lost a match to a very good player and we get stupid remarks like Emma's" terrible tennis against any random guy on the street"    What on earth is that about.   It's not constructive criticism - more like bile!!!   Maybe Andy will read all the posts and say to himself " I could find someone here who knows more than me and all my team"     On the other hand maybe not.   BevC and Little B I'm with you two (and Caz -
just read yours - worth coming back for an edit.
IP Logged

Really sore result. Frown

Will be doing well to progress from the group now.

Hard but not impossible.
IP Logged

Not a good day for Andy for whatever reason he played way below not only his best but also his"par" game.Hope he can pick up quickly but his task now is a real mountain to climb. He is deservably world no 3 and the best British player within the memory of most of us.
Is it in our nature to turn so quickly on our heroes? I hope not, but the vultures are gathering yet again, ably led by the media. So many who criticise could not tie Andy's shoe laces never mind fill his shoes.Is it really so terrible when an off form and ?unfit world no3 gets beaten by the world no 5? C'mon lets get real!!! hammer
Yes none of us could fill his shoes.  And those who get so down on him are sidewalk supervisors and have o idea of what it is like to go out there on the court and win a match.  It's a tough break if he is injured.  I just feel sick for him.....haven't seen a match like this in a long time.
Like Emma....can't stand smugface and he needs to go down in flames just for his arrogance.
IP Logged

Goodness me - some people on this forum are having a field day.   Andy lost a match to a very good player and we get stupid remarks like Emma's" terrible tennis against any random guy on the street"    What on earth is that about.   It's not constructive criticism - more like bile!!!   Maybe Andy will read all the posts and say to himself " I could find someone here who knows more than me and all my team"     On the other hand maybe not.   BevC and Little B I'm with you two.

First of all, Andy should never read these posts and I highly doubt that he does. He'll be doing no good to himself if he does. Tennis is an individual game and it needs one's utmost focus. Last thing you need is to visit forums to get even more distracted.

Second, the guy on the street was used only as a metaphor. Basically, if he's not focused and has too many things on his mind, he'll end up playing bad tennis and his performance will suffer as a result and he'll lose to just about anybody.

Some of you get defensive a bit too much. I don't think being overprotective helps a person. If you read my posts, you will see that I am being constructive if anything. It's a loss after all.
IP Logged

I said ferrer in 3 so not that surprised that he won but maybe a bit surprised it was that easy, sometimes these matches are over before you know it!
IP Logged

I said ferrer in 3 so not that surprised that he won but maybe a bit surprised it was that easy, sometimes these matches are over before you know it!

Isn't that a notorious quote of Federer's after he beat Andy in 2010 AO? Was that supposed to be subtle? lol

In any case, it wasn't that easy at all. It was two close sets. Too bad though Tsonga choked at the last minute in yesterday's match and gave the match away to Federer.
IP Logged

This loss is lost on me right now but I believe Andy choked. This was the match he was guaranteed to win and he lost it in straight. It's all very disappointing. I know he feels close and thinks the margin is narrow, but he himself doesn't know that it all changes the moment he steps into the big moment. He should not convince himself into anything and just wait and see how things go for him. I'd really recommend staying away from all that media and stuff especially before a big tournament like this one. You know that this tournament is big and the lower the profile he keeps going into the tournament, the better. He can't deal with the pressure so he might as well not set himself any goals. If there's any, he should just keep it hidden and not let the likes of Federer etc. and media know. You know that media will be all over it and Federer is probably laughing like a lunatic right now.

He can still pull it off and make it to semi but the task just got a lot harder. A whole lot harder. Still, all’s well that ends well.

Totally disagree wtih you here Emma.
"He can't deal with the pressure so he might as well not set himself any goals."
Then he'd have to give up sport entirely  roflmao

Keep a low profile yes and remain respectful of others. We dont want him to emulate Mr Smug, do we?
IP Logged

Isn't that a notorious quote of Federer's after he beat Andy in 2010 AO? Was that supposed to be subtle? lol

In any case, it wasn't that easy at all. It was two close sets. Too bad though

Tsonga choked at the last minute in yesterday's match and gave the match

away to Federer.

Roger dipped in set two but class shone through in the end much like it did in the final of Paris!

:-)

IP Logged

From the press conference: Andy has a groin injury and will decide tomorrow whether can can continue in the tournament or not.
IP Logged

Whether Andy is 'sick'.... 'injured'...  'unfocussed'....'choked'..... in the word of the Bard:

O would some Power the gift to give us
To see ourselves as others see us!

Robert Burns
(25 January 1759 – 21 July 1796)
IP Logged

Totally disagree wtih you here Emma.
"He can't deal with the pressure so he might as well not set himself any goals."
Then he'd have to give up sport entirely  roflmao

Keep a low profile yes and remain respectful of others. We dont want him to emulate Mr Smug, do we?

The ultimate goal in tennis is to win a slam, right? And that pretty much comes with the territory? or else why would anyone pick up a racquet and play professional tennis? It's completely my opinion that he has problems dealing with the pressure and the more they are known, the harder they get. You can see how much it has given Federer an opportunity to mock his intentions. Andy pretty much rattled his cage. Federer is extremely aware of Andy's weaknesses especially in GSs and here at WTF, and so he can say whatever he wants and get away with it too. He’s the biggest arrogant prick one has ever seen. His big inflated ego can be spotted from Mars. But still, I just feel Andy should keep it really quiet until he deals with it one major time and he can then let the flood gate open.

But you can disagree. I am fine with it.
IP Logged

Re groin injury, as Andy never "blames injury" according to one of his detractors,perhaps we could have some retractions on here for all the negative posts. ranting
IP Logged

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that if Ferrer beats Berdych on Wed - he's through to the semis. Ferrer has a 5-2 record against Tomas but their last meeting was 2010 on hard (Kuala Lumpur) which Ferrer won!
No wonder he looked so happy after today's result
IP Logged

ak400 More like Tsonga outplayed him after set 1 and then promptly imploded at the end of the match!
Roger was not impressive at all & he is not in any way injured. Still he will probably improve.
IP Logged

The ultimate goal in tennis is to win a slam, right? And that pretty much comes with the territory? or else why would anyone pick up a racquet and play professional tennis? It's completely my opinion that he has problems dealing with the pressure and the more they are known, the harder they get. You can see how much it has given Federer an opportunity to mock his intentions. Andy pretty much rattled his cage. Federer is extremely aware of Andy's weaknesses especially in GSs and here at WTF, and so he can say whatever he wants and get away with it too. He’s the biggest arrogant pri*k one has ever seen. His big inflated ego can be spotted from Mars. But still, I just feel Andy should keep it really quiet until he deals with it one major time and he can then let the flood gate open.

But you can disagree. I am fine with it.

I agree with this "But still, I just feel Andy should keep it really quiet until he deals with it one major time and he can then let the flood gate open." However, I dont think he shouts his mouth off at all.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26 Reply