MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF 2014 RR: Murray vs Federer
Poll
Who will lead the H2H after today?
Andy? - 21 (67.7%)
Rog? - 7 (22.6%)
I'm still working out all the permutations to think about the H2H. - 3 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 44 Reply

WTF 2014 RR: Murray vs Federer

Andy has not been up to the level that saw him win 2 slams, but he isn't too far off. At some point, he will put in a performance that tells us all that he's back. That could happen tomorrow, and the motivation to do it must be significant.
   I agree, and interesting to note that some are saying that conditions at the O2 do not suit Fed's new technique coming into the net more often. He was certainly caught out spectacularly a couple of time that way against Nishikori. With Andy he will be even more wary.
IP Logged

As it turned out Djokovic put in a superb performance against Wawrinka, thrashing him 6-3, 6-0, although Stan didn't help himself because his earlier form seemed to desert him.

I just got in and saw the score. That was a very temporary location of form from Wawrinka!
IP Logged

I thought Wawrinka was awful after he lost his serve at 2 - 1.
IP Logged

Andy's thoughts on the match (and a couple of other things) in his BBC's Andy Murray Column yesterday.  Apologies if it's been posted elsewhere, but as it's so relevant to this match I thought I'd post it here anyway, and it does sound encouraging, especially as he seems to have adjusted to the court conditions -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/30023154
IP Logged

Loved the H2H Bev, the pictures were great!!

I'm glad that Andy is feeling calm, enjoyed reading his blog, thanks Aileen for posting it.  I watched some of Fed playing this week and I didn't think he was really sharp.  Most of his opponents did themselves in.  And Kei with his wrist injury certainly did not help his game.

So Andy, you know what it takes to beat Fed, remember back what you took from him at the Olympics, you just have to put it in action!  Stay focused and aggressive, run him back and forth and get him tired.  Be in control of the match.  Wishing you all the best Andy, Cmon, you can do this!!!
IP Logged

Andy or Federer?

Me Andy,they Fed fans :P
IP Logged

While it's good that Andy has always been respectful of smugfed (and we can't say the same in reverse) I do sometimes fear that he's a bit too deferential in interviews like this one.  I'm glad he's prepared for a split crowd this time as I really feel it got to him in 2012.  I just hope those horrible fed fans don't actually boo this time as that was just vile and must have been upsetting for Andy who was playing in front of what he thought was a home crowd as Olympic gold medallist.
atl - not sure I buy all those theories about Fed.  Perhaps if Stan had already beaten Nole it could be a factor but as it is I think he would take great satisfaction in getting ahead of Andy in their H2H.
As I won't be able to retreat to my kitchen this evening if the going gets bad, I'm trying to be sanguine about whatever happens.  I just hope Andy does himself justice - that's all we can ask of him.  Unfortunately I don't think he really has against smugfed in the 02 in the past I guess because the conditions favour the latter more.  Whatever it will be wonderful to see him again  cmon yeah
IP Logged

Yes. Let us enjoy the match as if it were the last this year. Provided it is enjoyable to watch. We have already seen matches at the WTF which were over in no time leaving one player in shreds. Definitely not a scenario I wish for tonight. Oh, wait! Why not?
IP Logged

just so long as it's the smug player in shreds cp  w00t
IP Logged

Dad is one of those anti-Murray ,Federer is god fans.  He always puts over Federer's achievements and slags Murray on every unforced error. Also he doesn't forget to point out how big waste of money is paying for ticket involving Andy. We are going to be seated next to each other,so now it's the perfect for Andy to win. It's going to be big treat for us,no matter the outcome,but for the love of the god COME OOOOON ANDY!!!
IP Logged

The BBC has managed to cover all  Nishikori's matches  on TV but only one of Murrays  and not tonight Just typical     
 Andy has done so well to be actually appearing tonight I hope he really goes for it and wins in 2
IP Logged

bb I don't think you can blame bbc.  Sky has the rights to it and bbc just covers the afternoon so it's the tournament organisers who decide and I guess weekdays they try to schedule the most popular match in the evening even though that means people without sky can't watch it on tv in UK
IP Logged

Dad is one of those anti-Murray ,Federer is god fans.  He always puts over Federer's achievements and slags Murray on every unforced error. Also he doesn't forget to point out how big waste of money is paying for ticket involving Andy. We are going to be seated next to each other,so now it's the perfect for Andy to win. It's going to be big treat for us,no matter the outcome,but for the love of the god COME OOOOON ANDY!!!

When your Dad mentions Fed's achievements you should mention those he has which Andy will never have - e.g. shouting "shut up" to an opponent's family, blaming his doubles partner for their defeat, trying to have a match held up because of half a dozen drops of rain but really because he was a set down and struggling to hold his serve in the 2nd set, and, the one mentioned the other day, failing to own up to a double bounce when he went for a drop shot.
IP Logged

Come on Andy yahooo yahooo yahooo
Silence those bloody awful Fed fans  get out
May your serve and your 4hand be with you, if they are you can do it!
BTW if anyone finds it necessary to punch a Fed fanboy/girl I will come and visit in the remand centre and bring  flowers
 Whistle
IP Logged

When your Dad mentions Fed's achievements you should mention those he has which Andy will never have - e.g. shouting "shut up" to an opponent's family, blaming his doubles partner for their defeat, trying to have a match held up because of half a dozen drops of rain but really because he was a set down and struggling to hold his serve in the 2nd set, and, the one mentioned the other day, failing to own up to a double bounce when he went for a drop shot.

The worst thing is that we were there at the 2012 final and after match he said it was just a matter of time before Andy collapses anyway. I love my dad,but that was textbook Federer arrogance.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 44 Reply