MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF 2014 RR: Murray vs Federer
Poll
Who will lead the H2H after today?
Andy? - 21 (67.7%)
Rog? - 7 (22.6%)
I'm still working out all the permutations to think about the H2H. - 3 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] Reply

WTF 2014 RR: Murray vs Federer

deb

Let's not forget Andy beat smugfed in the last match in London that really MATTERED - denying Fed the Olympic Gold he so wanted to win in front of his beloved crowd at SW19 is small potatoes compared to losing 250 ATP ranking points.

Am sure Federer would trade yesterday's match to complete the Golden career slam.
Because Fed will never win that , never  lmao
IP Logged

Thanks laundry, wanted to watch that.
IP Logged

Havent read any posts on here yet. Having been at the match im still hurting big time and I dont think I could take it..All I will say is Andy got HUGE support last night there was no repeat of 2012 thankfully.

U could hear his support clearly on TV.
IP Logged

Havent read any posts on here yet. Having been at the match im still hurting big time and I dont think I could take it..All I will say is Andy got HUGE support last night there was no repeat of 2012 thankfully.
That at least is gratifying to know, although I did think it would be the case.  I reckoned that in 2012 his fans were still smarting from the fact that their beloved hero had been denied the one trophy he'd never had.

Thanks laundry.  I'd already read it, but it did lead me to this link, which is Andy's own column and which I found very interesting to read because he talks about how difficult he found it to come back from surgery, particularly as he didn't realise just how long it would take before his back stopped giving him problems after the op, how tough he found the split with Lendl was, and what he has learned from this year, i.e. how difficult it is to catch up with the other players because, while you're out for a few months and then struggling to get back to full fitness, they're improving - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/30052515

Also this pic cheered me up no end, and I'm sure Andy will have a great time at Ross's wedding, even if he is a bit nervous about his speech (just keep it short Andy, that's the best way unless you really are good at speech-making!)

[ Last edit by Aileen November 14, 2014, 07:21 pm ] IP Logged

Watched the first 6 games of the Olympics final on youtube, to figure out what the difference is with that period. Better serve, better instinct (playing the ball were Federer doesn't suspect him), pressure on difficult points, played close to the lines on all sites of the court...and to be honest; Federer played a lot more UE that time especially on his bh.
For me; I start following Murray in 2011 because of his potation to win (the big) matches, and his personality. These two hasn't change, so will keep following the guy in 2015.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] Reply