Predictions
Murray in 2 - 8 (47.1%)
Murray in 3 - 7 (41.2%)
Nishikori in 2 - 0 (0%)
Nishikori in 3 - 2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Reply

WTF 2016 RR2: Andy Murray vs Kei Nishikori

OK thank you Yamor. I'll try not to stress!
C'mon Stan!
Think you might be right Aileen.
IP Logged

Sorry, but that just can't happen!
Sorry, got players round the wrong way. If Stan wins tonight then beats Andy and Nishikori beats cilic we have a three way tie. In reality Murray is likely to go through but it's not garaunteed yet...
IP Logged

Baseliner, yes, that's what I said - Andy is only definitely qualified if Cilic wins tonight. Otherwise, he may need to win one set on Friday. One set will definitely be enough though.
IP Logged

Jeez, that was like a few years ago when, right to the wire, they hadn't worked out who would go through.
That was when Del Potro went through at And'y's expense because R. F. who was demolishing Del Potro reigned back and allowed him to get the points he need before dispatching him. Andy had beaten Del Potro and there was real confusion over who would go through. We will have to wait to see the result of this next match before we know what Andy needs to do in the last game.
IP Logged

This group will definitely not come down to games percentage.
If Cilic wins, Andy is top.
If Wawrinka wins, Andy is still through UNLESS Andy loses his final match in straight sets, and Nishikori wins his final match. Andy will then go out on sets percentage.

That sounds right. Almost a done deal?
IP Logged

It was Andy's loss to Stan last year which cost him a place in the SF, but then last year Andy was more focussed on the DC final, and at least he doesn't have that this time round.
IP Logged

If Wawrinka wins tonight, beats Murray in straights and Nishikori beats Cilic, then Murray is out.

I'm sure Yamor can confirm or correct me, but I think that is the only circumstance he fails to get through?
IP Logged

I am simply happy that he has won two tough matches in this "killer-group". Really loved the support from the crowd. As someone already said: it has taken eight years (and Fed's absence).
IP Logged

Very tough match, but Andy won and showed guts. Andy may not be at is best at the moment but he is getting the wins and that is all that matters.
IP Logged

This group will definitely not come down to games percentage.
If Cilic wins, Andy is top.
If Wawrinka wins, Andy is still through UNLESS Andy loses his final match in straight sets, and Nishikori wins his final match. Andy will then go out on sets percentage.
If Wawrinka wins tonight, beats Murray in straights and Nishikori beats Cilic, then Murray is out.

I'm sure Yamor can confirm or correct me, but I think that is the only circumstance he fails to get through?
That's the same as what I wrote above, just in different words, so yes, you're correct!
IP Logged
Caz

3 hours and 20 minutes. Yet another record broken!  Whistle
IP Logged

horrible,horrible match    Andy sure ditched out the heart attacks  The strain on him must be intense  He lives to fight another day but I doubt he'll still be no 1 at the end of the tournament
IP Logged

That's the same as what I wrote above, just in different words, so yes, you're correct!
Yes but, have you considered that if Cilic loses both his matches and Murray fails to win a set on Friday then Wawrinka and Nishikori go through?
IP Logged
deb

There was a time when Andy would of lost that match, just shows what a great champ he is, even when he's not playing his best tennis. Well done Andy  yay
IP Logged

Yes but, have you considered that if Cilic loses both his matches and Murray fails to win a set on Friday then Wawrinka and Nishikori go through?
Sorry, I'm confused. That IS what I wrote!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Reply