MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Cameron Norrie
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 51 Reply

Cameron Norrie

It'll be later than that as Fritz vs Opelka have only just started the second set.
IP Logged

Thanks both!  Will be watching.
IP Logged

You couldn't make this up - another tiebreak!
IP Logged

5-5 and going with serve.

I've never seen Emil Ruusuvuori play before but he's been pretty impressive so far.  22 years old currently ranked No. 78.

Tiebreak, which Emil takes 7-1.  Not sure what Cam can do here to get past this guy who's returning everything Cam throws at him.  He doesn't seem to be bothered by the suffocating heat either.

Emil gets the break in the second set to go 2-0 up.

Cam holds to love.  1-3

Breaks, courtesy of a lucky net cord but Emil breaks right back.  4-2.

Takes the set 6-3..

Well that was quite a stunning performance from the 22 year old.  If he can keep on playing like this he's got a bright future ahead of him.

[ Last edit by Aileen July 31, 2021, 12:37 am ] IP Logged

Sorry Cam didn't win 
IP Logged

Sorry Cam didn't win 
Well he can't win all the time - and on this occasion he was completely outplayed by an opponent who decided to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Onwards and upwards to Washington where he's in the same half as Rafa.  He's the 7th seed and will play either a LL or Marcos Giron in round 2.  He's also playing doubles with Australia's Luke Saville.

EDIT - I watched the last two sets of Emil's match against Brandon Nakishima, which he lost.  Unfortunately he was nothing like the player he was against Cam, so suspect it was the old story of a lower ranked player raising their game against a higher ranked one, winning, and then going out in the next round.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 02, 2021, 01:50 am ] IP Logged

Washington:  Nice 6-4, 6-4 win by Cam & Luke against the established Belgian pairing of Sander Gille & Joran Vliegen.
IP Logged

Cameron plays his singles match soon at around 8.30pm our time
?

Good luck Cam  cmon yeah
IP Logged

^ The match didn't start till just before 10 pm but Cam defeated home favourite Marcos Giron 6-4, 6-3.

I also saw Cam's tattoo for the first time.  It's on his right side and it's a blue puma!  He says he chose it because his coach is Argentinian, also Cam likes watching rugby, and the Argentinian national team are known as The Pumas.

Plays the winner of Kei Nishikori vs Alexander Bublik on Thursday.
IP Logged

Well done Cam Smile

I didn't even know he had a tattoo.  I suppose you can understand why he had it, I can't say I like tattoos whether they're a picture of a puma or what they are.

Oh - well I hope Kei loses.  I like Kei but it would be better if he lost on this occasion.
IP Logged

Cam vs Kei.  I do quite like Kei, but ... GO CAM!!

First set Cam 6-3.

Kei finally gets the break at 4-3 in the second and serves the set out to love.  He's now figured out Cam's game so the next set could be interesting.

Cam broken at 1-1 in the third - and breaks Kei right back.  2-2

Kei breaks again ... and Cam has a MTO for treatment for what seems to a blister on his right foot - while Kei changes his shirt for the fourth time in this match!

Good hold by Kei who then gets another break but fails to serve the match out, but breaks Cam again to take the set 6-3.

Cam & Luke Saville then lost to the No. 2 seeds Neal Skupski & Michael Venus in straight sets.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 06, 2021, 04:26 pm ] IP Logged

Kei's a good player so Cam did well on the whole.
They lost their doubles match which isn't surprising really, Cam must have been tired.
& their opponents were the No 2 seeds so i don't think Cam has any need to reproach himself.
IP Logged

Kei's a good player so Cam did well on the whole.
They lost their doubles match which isn't surprising really, Cam must have been tired.
& their opponents were the No 2 seeds so i don't think Cam has any need to reproach himself.
Cam doesn't sound to me like the sort of person who's into reproaching himself.  Also I'd have been surprised if he and Luke had defeated the No.2 seeds.
IP Logged

Tough draw for Cam in Toronto - plays Karen Khachanov in R1.
IP Logged

Toronto R1:  Cam and Alex de Minaur lost the doubles 10-8 in the CTB against Lajovic & Karatsev.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 51 Reply