MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Cameron Norrie
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 Reply

Cameron Norrie

^  soon be in the Top 10  Smile
Back in the top 10 because that was his ranking in April.
IP Logged

Through to R2 in Montreal after defeating Brandon Nakashima 6-4, 6-4.
IP Logged

Into R3 after seeing off Botic van de Zandschulp 6-1, 6-2.
IP Logged

Yes good for you Cam, you play Felix AA in R3 (Montreal)  cmon yeah
IP Logged

Unfortunately Felix was playing superb tennis, vocally encouraged by the home crowd, and won 6-3, 6-4.  Served four aces in the last game, which is quite something!
IP Logged

Cam beat Shelton and now plays Carlos Alcaraz in the qf,
IP Logged

I'd never even heard of Ben Shelton until this tournament.  He caused a bit of an upset beating Casper Ruud in round 2, but it seems Cam was just too powerful for him.  From the Mail online -

"The British ninth seed was untouchable in the first set, dominating his 229th ranked opponent’s service game to take the set to love.  Although Shelton was able to hold serve twice in the second set, he was ultimately no match for Norrie’s all-around game."
IP Logged

Cam's match against Alcaraz won't start until the early hours here so I can't watch it.  Really hope he gets through to the semis, but expect a tough match. cmon yeah
IP Logged

I missed the match too, but the great news is Cam won!  It looks as if it was a good match. 7 (7) - 6(4),  6(4) - 7(7), 6-4.  He plays Borna Coric in the semifinals.
[ Last edit by waverlybear August 20, 2022, 07:56 am ] IP Logged

Well done Cam, so proud of you  cmon yeah yay
IP Logged

Excellent news!  Smile

Unfortunately he doesn't play Coric until 11pm BST at the earliest.

[ Last edit by Aileen August 21, 2022, 12:03 pm ] IP Logged

IP Logged

Thanks Tonedial.  I just watched the replay.  Looks like the commentators have found a new player to practice their superlatives on.  No doubt he will be the one to beat in the coming years.  Cam did well to stay focused. 
[ Last edit by waverlybear August 20, 2022, 05:04 pm ] IP Logged

Sorry Cam lost, good luck at the USO.
IP Logged

At least his ranking has gone up to a career high of No. 9 so he should be pleased with that.

I don't grudge Coric his win either because he's another top 20 player whose career nearly got derailed through injury.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 Reply