MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Jo Konta
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 Reply

Jo Konta

Caz

NOTTINGHAM FINAL | KONTA vs ZHANG

WOW! I haven't seen Jo Konta play so well for ages!  cmon yeah Thanks TD....Much appreciated!  Very Happy
And well done to Cameron Norrie for winning at Queens today!  w00t
IP Logged

Sadly the bad news for Jo is that one member of her team has tested positive for covid so she's having to withdraw from the tournament and self-isolate for ten days.

Jo had been hoping for further success at Wimbledon, where she reached the semi-finals in 2017 and the quarter-finals two years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/57632878
IP Logged

Poor Jo, what a rotten piece of luck. Although to be absolutely truthful, I didn't see her getting too far this year. She had a first-round draw against Siniakova, who's been playing very well this year and just got to the final in Bad Homburg (though Kerber beat her fairly comprehensively).
IP Logged

Sadly the bad news for Jo is that one member of her team has tested positive for covid so she's having to withdraw from the tournament and self-isolate for ten days.

Jo had been hoping for further success at Wimbledon, where she reached the semi-finals in 2017 and the quarter-finals two years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/57632878

That's such a shame, Jo will be so sad 
IP Logged

In Montreal round 1, Jo lost the first set 6-4 to China's Shuai Zhang but was winning the second 5-2 when her opponent retired due to a leg injury.  She faces Ukranian third seed Elina Svitolina in the second round.

She had a bit of battle to get fully fit though after contracting covid.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/women-in-sport/300379853/british-tennis-star-opens-up-on-covid19-struggle-after-twomonth-absence
IP Logged

Nice win for Jo over the No.3 seed and Olympic Bronze Medalist Elina Svitolina, fighting back as she did from one set down even if the latter was tiring after her exertions in Tokyo.  It was also good to see her looking so fit after her bout of covid.
IP Logged

Nice win for Jo over the No.3 seed and Olympic Bronze Medalist Elina Svitolina, fighting back as she did from one set down even if the latter was tiring after her exertions in Tokyo.  It was also good to see her looking so fit after her bout of covid.
That was the best I've seen her play in I don't know how long.
IP Logged

Jo withdraws in canada before Gauff match tonight
IP Logged

Jo withdraws in canada before Gauff match tonight
Left knee injury.  Hope it's nothing serious.
IP Logged

Cincinnati R1:  Jo loses 6-3, 6-7(5-7), 2-6 to Karolina Muchova.
IP Logged

Jo has decided to retire from professional tennis, she'll be very much missed. She had a successful career and was ranked #4 and she was a Wimbledon semi finalist.
This year she had covid and hasn't played, overall, as well as she would wish.
IP Logged

Jo has decided to retire from professional tennis, she'll be very much missed. She had a successful career and was ranked #4 and she was a Wimbledon semi finalist.
That is very sad to hear, but I knew she was thinking of retiring because she's been getting palpitations as well.  Also I believe she's getting married fairly soon, so I wish her every happiness in the future.
IP Logged

Not unexpected, for some reason you felt this was coming , I think her post on social media was lovely, she was not a considered in the early part of her career someone who going to be at the top of the game , but she worked hard achieved and definitely gave us something to cheer for in British women’s tennis, she also gave a lot to the GB women’s tennis team ,
She seems quite a rounded person, good luck to her in the future 
IP Logged

Yes, she will be missed.  Maybe she’ll become a commentator.  I think she was on Amazon Prime last month.   Or maybe she might want to try something completely different.
IP Logged

Yes, she will be missed.  Maybe she’ll become a commentator.  I think she was on Amazon Prime last month.   Or maybe she might want to try something completely different.

I think she might like to do commentating but as she's getting married soon, she might be tied up and too busy to do anything tennis related?!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 Reply