MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Kyle Edmund
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 Reply

Kyle Edmund

Thanks Tonedial.  No surprise here unfortunately.
IP Logged

Kyle had a comfortable straight sets R1 win over Vesely in Shanghai.  Plays Cilic next.
IP Logged

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/fcGVobwI/#point-by-point;1
[ Last edit by Tonedial October 10, 2017, 02:51 PM ] IP Logged

Thanks Tonedial.  Looks like it was a good match despite the loss.
IP Logged

Kyle doesn't seem to have much luck with his R1 opponents.  Plays Ferrer in R1 in Vienna.
IP Logged

Yes, that's another harsh one.
IP Logged

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/41735951
IP Logged

Watched Kyle play a super match against Ferrer this lunchtime which he won in straight sets. Ferrer was not on form but nevertheless there was some super tennis from Kyle to achieve this win, he improves every time I watch him.
IP Logged

Watched Kyle play a super match against Ferrer this lunchtime which he won in straight sets. Ferrer was not on form but nevertheless there was some super tennis from Kyle to achieve this win, he improves every time I watch him.

That's good for Kyle. Ferrer certainly struggling these days but says he'a going to play next year. Think he's looking for one more title.

Kyle is now working with Fredrik Rosengren - who has worked with Magnus Norman and Robin Soderling in the past - having done a trial with him in Shanghai. So good to see Kyle has a coaching setup settled before the off-season.

There was a trial with Mark Hilton, but that was before Dan's ban was announced and since Dan will be back before the start of the summer I wonder if this means Mark Hilton will go back to working with him.
IP Logged

Thanks Jan.  I missed this but fortunately TennisTV are showing a replay.

@ATL - Good news about Kyle, but I really  hope Ferrer retires next year because although I do like him I don't enjoy seeing him slide down the rankings like this and nor can he be getting much pleasure out of playing.
IP Logged

I'm pleased with Kyle's result. I'm embarrassed to say I often underestimate him.
IP Logged

I'm pleased with Kyle's result. I'm embarrassed to say I often underestimate him.
The trouble with Kyle is that every time he seems to be making progress up the rankings he plays a few duff tournaments which sees him sliding back again.  He's also been through coaches like a hot knife through butter, so I hope his latest one can bring some consistency to his game.
IP Logged

It would be great for him if he did.  Am I right in thinking he's still only 22/23?
IP Logged

It would be great for him if he did.  Am I right in thinking he's still only 22/23?
He turned 22 in January, so plenty of time for improvement.
IP Logged

He turned 22 in January, so plenty of time for improvement.
In personality maybe, Andy comes across as Jack the Lad compared to Kyle.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 Reply