MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  The Other Brits : Women.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 Reply

The Other Brits : Women.

Fingers crossed for Naomi and Jo. Have read somewhere that Laura is in the main draw. Is this true? Her ranking must surely be pretty low these days  Think
IP Logged

bbh she gets a protected ranking for a limited number of tournaments because of being out so long with injury and she's chosen to use one of them here.  Feel so sorry for her having had such a major injury when her career was taking off.
And good luck to the women still in the qualis.  Would be great if they both got through (with the 2 men still in too)
IP Logged

Jo through to the main draw. Naomi couldn't quite do it in the third set. 
IP Logged

Jo's draw. Starts against Chirico who is young and defeated Heather in Washington.

* image.jpg (300.74 KB. 2048x1536 - viewed 191 times.)

IP Logged

What a good match from Jo - particularly the second set. Probably about time she had her own thread...
IP Logged

Shame Laura didn't make it.
IP Logged

What a good match from Jo - particularly the second set. Probably about time she had her own thread...
I agree given that Heather and Laura both have.  I like the way she has worked so hard to rise up the rankings with no fuss or hype.
IP Logged

Jordanne Whiley won the USO WC Singles yesterday. That's her first singles slam, and given how she cleaned up in the doubles there's a good chance that it is the first of many.
IP Logged

A fine easy win for Naomi Broady today in Alberquerqe. Beat the number one seed! Only two seeds left including her at  7 and Anna Tatishvili at 2 so a chance of at least a final as they are opposite halves.

Watching it I was surprised that they were playing on such a small court without any help, picking up their own balls between points. Is this usual in ITF events? It looked very hot too so her count of Aces and non returned serves showed the value of her ability in that.
IP Logged

PS  Now in the semi finals
IP Logged

More news:  The second seed is gone in Albuquerque QF round so Naomi Broady is highest ranked player left!  Two more wins means another title and her ranking to around 112 (dependant on results elsewhere) just behind Casey Dellacqua and Schiavone so on the way up to a good level. I hope that she wins now.
IP Logged

Johanna Konta is continuing from where she left off at the US Open.  She's now beaten Petkovic in the first round in Wuhen after coming through her two qualifying matches.
IP Logged

Naomi Broady in final at Albuquerque at  7.00pm today - livestream only.

I hope she wins!
IP Logged

Konta has beaten Azarenka, though Azarenka did retire in the first game of the second set after Konta won the first set.
IP Logged

Sadly Naomi Broady lost but Joanna Konta is still in after being certainly as good as Azarenka but benefited from a retirement as her opponent succumbed to a leg injury.

These two are the future for GB tennis. Both can serve well which is essential!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 Reply