MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  2011 Election Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19 Reply

2011 Election Thread

I did hear on the radio today, from various call-ins, that although they voted SNP, they would not be in favour of Scottish Independence.
IP Logged

So if the majority were to vote no in the referendum, would the SNP abolish independence in their manifesto?
IP Logged

So if the majority were to vote no in the referendum, would the SNP abolish independence in their manifesto?

Dunno - no-one asked that question on the Radio.
IP Logged

So Scotland is screwed without Westminster? 

Who said that?
IP Logged

If they retained power, I'm sure they would try again, albeit not in the short term.
IP Logged

If they retained power, I'm sure they would try again, albeit not in the short term.

Don't know why you would want someone like that in your parliament. Surely it's creating extra tension?
IP Logged

Don't know why you would want someone like that in your parliament. Surely it's creating extra tension?

Every party has an agenda they will push for.
IP Logged

Someone? That being SNP or Alex Salmond?

He's introduced a lot of good policies in my opinion, is a strong orator (in comparison to Scott, Goldie and Gray anyway) and deserves his second stint and the referendum.

IP Logged

I just don't get it. The SNP stand for prioritising Scotland's interests over Britain's as a whole yet you're against independence.
IP Logged

I just don't get it. The SNP stand for prioritising Scotland's interests over Britain's as a whole yet you're against independence.

Yes, what's wrong about that?

We have our separate governments, through which more powers to legislate should be available, and this will probably happen now due to the majority government, but no independence from the union.

That's my political standpoint.
IP Logged

It doesn't seem like England, Wales or Northern Ireland want to prioritise their interests over Scotland's... you know already it highly irritates me that Scots are entitled to the same things as English residents in England yet the English in Scotland are not entitled to stuff like Scottish free education, I imagine it will only get worse with the SNP.
IP Logged

You do realise that if education was free for English students in Scotland, there'd be no places for Scottish students?
IP Logged

Why? What's different about the schooling system meaning Scottish students can't compete? If you're worried about private schools then they're discriminating over that already, given no one got a place at Edinburgh in my year or Highgate...
IP Logged

Well, no places was an exaggeration, but there would be insufficient places for Scottish students, certainly - given the fact fees are rising in England.
IP Logged

Of course not - I'm apolitical Smile

I understand where you are coming from - what's the point in voting if it won't change anything for me?  And all the parties have things that I do agree with and some that I quite clearly don't.  I know you have to go for the majority of what you do believe in but then your also lowering your standards on another. Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 19 Reply