MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  Bible discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35 Reply

Bible discussion thread

That is really good to hear Hazel.  I am glad you feel recharged.  Maybe you can replicate that kind of prayer at home daily to recharge yourself more often ?
IP Logged

That is really good to hear Hazel.  I am glad you feel recharged.  Maybe you can replicate that kind of prayer at home daily to recharge yourself more often ?

I do Smile For the most part Smile But it was nice to have the specific time dedicated and to be praying with other people, some of them who are not ones I usually pray with Smile
IP Logged

Oh nice Smile. I hope you will fully recover soon.

(At last, I am seeded yay - Hmm... that sounds a bit seedy)
IP Logged

Oh nice Smile. I hope you will fully recover soon.

(At last, I am seeded yay - Hmm... that sounds a bit seedy)

lol You could never be Philip hug
IP Logged

hug
IP Logged

Philippians 4:6-8 (New International Version)

6 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.'

John 14:27 (New International Version)

27 'Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.'

Just what I need reminded of today Smile

IP Logged

6 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.'

27 'Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.'

There ya go then ! That's perfect therapy !!  Gotta agree with that !!!!  Smile
IP Logged

Thanks Hazel.  John 14:27 is also one of my favourite verses.
IP Logged

I was going over this with one of the kids in my Sunday school class at the weekend, so easy to say but so hard to live out. It's such a challenge but so worthwhile yes

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
       and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
       and he will make your paths straight. [a]

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
       fear the LORD and shun evil.
IP Logged

^ Fine - but this gets back to my old argument: If God supposedly loves us all through Jesus Christ and is our Father, why should we have to fear him?  It's as though God is imposing conditions on his love, something a truly loving father wouldn't do.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 19, 2010, 03:08 AM ] IP Logged

Yes, it obviously isn't love in any real sense because it isn't unconditional, that is certainly clear.
IP Logged

It's not a fear as in scared, but as in an awareness of the power that God does have and that He could bring it down on us if He chose to, but instead he offers us love.

It's more that God is Awesome.

God's love is unconditional, however, he can't accept us in our sin, but that doesn't mean He doesn't love us. For:

Romans 5:8 (New International Version)

8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

If God didn't love us why send Christ, His own son to die for us? Without love, God's actions make no sense. Without love, Christ's death on the cross is pointless.

Which you will all say is me finally speaking the truth I'm sure Smile

IP Logged

It's not a fear as in scared, but as in an awareness of the power that God does have and that He could bring it down on us if He chose to, but instead he offers us love.

It's more that God is Awesome.

God's love is unconditional, however, he can't accept us in our sin, but that doesn't mean He doesn't love us. For:

Romans 5:8 (New International Version)

8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

If God didn't love us why send Christ, His own son to die for us? Without love, God's actions make no sense. Without love, Christ's death on the cross is pointless.

Which you will all say is me finally speaking the truth I'm sure Smile

I'm God. I just started an earthquake and killed thousands of people.

It was done with love, though.
IP Logged

I'm not up to discussing/trying to explain my view today, brains too fried Frown I just posted that because it encouraged me and I wanted to encourage other believers too Smile
IP Logged

I'm God. I just started an earthquake and killed thousands of people.

It was done with love, though.

And when someone is pulled from the wreckage nine days later, it was God who saved him. Different God from the one who caused the earthquake, then?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35 Reply