MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  Corona virus
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 ... 144 Reply

Corona virus

I am appalled by what is happening in England a lot of people are going to get ill just because stupid Boris Johnson has decided that people will be able to do more or less what they like. They do not need to wear a mask or keep socially distant from others.

This is happening because he wants people to return to work to save the economy which is in a bad way anyway. I am sure another few weeks will make little difference. Also, it seems he is going to stop the extra money for people who are unemployed at the moment I think they were getting an extra £20.00 not much at all.

To be honest I hope Scotland continues to go its own way and not listen to Johnson who seems to think the people should listen to his stupid advice. I don't think the two experts who are usually on with him share his opinion. I really wonder if he ever truly listens to the advice they give him.

I really think he is not the least interested in the advice given to him I just hope that more unvaccinated people get seriously ill or die through his stupidity.

IP Logged

I really think he is not the least interested in the advice given to him I just hope that more unvaccinated people get seriously ill or die through his stupidity.
That's a pretty horrible thing to hope for LB, particularly as a lot of younger people haven't been able to get the jab yet through no fault of their own.

IP Logged

I am appalled by what is happening in England a lot of people are going to get ill just because stupid Boris Johnson has decided that people will be able to do more or less what they like. They do not need to wear a mask or keep socially distant from others.

This attitude highlights one real problem with the tremendously successful vaccine rollout, enabled by the Westminster government and Kate Bingham (remember, the SNP wanted to sign up to the EU procurement programme - what a mistake that'd have been!): we haven't talked about how we exit lockdown.

The vaccines are tremendously effective, but not 100% effective. Some vaccinated people will get sick, and some will die. There's also a percentage of the population who refuse to take a vaccine, for whatever reason, or who can't take a vaccine (kids, for example, aren't yet allowed to). So that, coupled with the infectiousness of the delta variant means that whatever what we do, there'll be a wave of infections and deaths once restrictions are lifted.

So that simply leaves timing. There's good reason to have an exit wave now in the summer, rather than wait until the autumn and winter.

I just hope that more unvaccinated people get seriously ill or die through his stupidity.

This is truly despicable.
IP Logged

I just hope that more unvaccinated people get seriously ill or die through his stupidity.

Oh LB you can't mean that!!  shocking shocking
IP Logged

I think the main concern (for the UK) at this point is the potential damage of a new variant that's substantially different and able to cause major issues. But that is a worldwide problem. Yes, opening up the flood gates will increase the likelihood of that occurring here but the rest of the world is already a potential breeding ground for that to happen to the point where, in perspective, we're just a minor fraction of the whole collective.

The decision to lift restrictions within the country will always come with pros and cons and is a close to call balancing act. The decision to open up the borders though is, in my opinion, a much more serious and potentially dangerous choice. One that clearly exponentially increases our exposure to catching such a variant. I think it's a big mistake opening our borders to any other country at this point and we're playing with fire, I don't believe any country should be allowing international travel yet; and that should only be looked at when we reach the point where the entire world has (hopefully) more or less got covid under control.
IP Logged

Oh LB you can't mean that!!  shocking shocking
It is inexcusable particularly coming from somebody who was a nurse for 25 years!

@laundry - I doubt you could close all borders indefinitely because of the impact it would have on international trade and on the economies of every country, some of which are in a very poor state as it is.
IP Logged

I am sorry but being truthful seems to have gone out the window. Those people who have not been vaccinated are going to get very ill and possibly die. Have a good look at the PM, not the best person in the world to take any responsibility for anything. The man is a disaster I wonder if his medical advisers agree with this decision I think not.

They did not look very happy when telling the population about the new regulations.

But hey being truthful seems to have gone out the window on MW. So I will just leave it at that. All  Boris wants is for people to go back to work so he can stop paying out money to those who are not working.

A sad tale but true but he is still giving contracts to his tory buddies without any tendering. Tories are totally corrupt.
[ Last edit by Littlebuddha July 09, 2021, 07:56 pm ] IP Logged

@LB - Being truthful is one thing, but to say that you HOPE THAT UNVACCINATED PEOPLE WILL BECOME SERIOUSLY ILL AND DIE  (which is what you said in your previous post) is thoroughly despicable, particularly as there are many who are too young to have been offered the vaccine yet.  Also it's ridiculous to assume that these people will catch the virus because if they take all the necessary precautions then there's a good chance that they won't.
[ Last edit by Aileen July 09, 2021, 08:57 pm ] IP Logged

I'm wondering if she actually meant to write "I just hope that no more unvaccinated people get seriously ill or die through his stupidity.", but didn't and now won't own up to the mistake.
IP Logged

^ That’s what I think she meant -at least I hope so!
[ Last edit by Elly July 09, 2021, 09:44 pm ] IP Logged

I'm wondering if she actually meant to write "I just hope that no more unvaccinated people get seriously ill or die through his stupidity.", but didn't and now won't own up to the mistake.
Well that would make a bit more sense, so I hope you're right.  If she has any sense of decency though she should own up to her mistake.
IP Logged

I don't think she even realizes what you're all saying and talking about. People rarely read their own quotes as they presume they know what they already say given they know the context of what they were saying.

But it was immediately clear to me that she missed out the 'no' from her statement. It's only due to her obvious hatred  for Boris that you can even believe to think that she would actually say such a thing. But it's infeasible that she would hate him that much that she would be happy for people die just so he looks bad.

I think if anything you guys owe her an apology for even believing her moral character could be so low lol. It's hardly a 'mistake', it's a simple typo that can unfortunately make the sentence be misinterpreted very badly.
IP Logged

@laundry - People of decent moral character do not make repeated offensive Anglophobic rants on a forum which has English members so I don't see why we should apologise to her over this even if it was a mistake - and I say that as a fellow Scot who finds these rants extremely embarrassing and a disgrace to my native country,

Also to me anyway, the onus is on posters to read their comments over carefully before posting, so if you choose just to dash them off then you should take the consequences for your mistakes.  It's for the former reason that the 'edit' function exists.
IP Logged

I think you're right and she meant to write "I just hope that no more unvaccinated people get seriously ill or die through his own stupidity".

I should have thought of that - sorry LB!
IP Logged

@laundry - People of decent moral character do not make repeated offensive Anglophobic rants on a forum which has English members so I don't see why we should apologise to her over this even if it was a mistake - and I say that as a fellow Scot who finds these rants extremely embarrassing and a disgrace to my native country,

Also to me anyway, the onus is on posters to read their comments over carefully before posting, so if you choose just to dash them off then you should take the consequences for your mistakes.  It's for the former reason that the 'edit' function exists.
I'm aware of her viewpoints and her blind hatred for the uk government and sense of tribal animosity toward the English. There's a bit of a difference though between a lack of moral decency regarding perceived tribal tensions and wishing 1000s of people dead.

Of course you can apologize if you think you may have offended her and feel bad about that happening. But I wasn't really suggesting that you had to apologize, it was more a tongue in cheek comment by me based on my perceived humour within the miscommunication.

I found it somewhat amusing that she's shown such a high level of distain for the uk government that people could instinctively go along with the notion that she could wish 1000s of people dead just to get one up on Boris lol. It's a rather poignant reflection of her character.

If she actually fully comprehends the situation it's surely something she could be rather offended by. I personally would be leaning more towards some serious self-reflection rather than offence if I realized my character was perceived as such, given her post history I don't expect that will be her natural response  though.
[ Last edit by laundry July 10, 2021, 09:27 am ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 ... 144 Reply