MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 620 [621] 622 623 624 ... 821 Reply

News Thread

Culprits. There were 6 of them. What the **** could she have done? DISGUSTING.

Point. And they aren't kids either. Pretty ****** up adults.
IP Logged

Kids and they are kids grow up to fast these days and seem to be  unaware  of the danger around them.I know parents try to make them aware but  kids think they know best. I feel so sad for the girls parents they must be heart broken. 7 people are being questioned most of them in their twenties. How can people be so cruel, I believe body parts have been found in the garden or in their houses. What does this tell us about the society we live in.
Becky wasn't a child, but a 16 year old, and I don't think this necessarily means that she was going anywhere that could be considered 'dangerous', although truth be known it seems everywhere is dangerous these days - for example, a couple of days ago a teenage boy (14 or 15, I think) was stabbed by a fellow pupil just outside a Glasgow school.  He wasn't seriously hurt, but gone are the days where schools were considered a safe place to be (something the Dunblane massacre showed).

How anyone, let alone 6 of them, could do, or get involved in, anything so horrendously barbaric to a lovely young girl, who possibly didn't even know them, leaves me at a loss for words because I find it so hard to comprehend that this could happen in what is supposedly a 'civilised' society.  I'd saying that hanging should be brought back, although hanging in this case would be too lenient a punishment.  They took away a young life, so should be made to pay for it for the rest of theirs.  I feel so very sorry for her family too because I can't even begin to imagine the torment they must be going through.
IP Logged
Caz

For once, like some others, I can't find the words to express how saddened and sickened and bloody angry I feel about the dreadful murders of these young people! There's no such thing as civilised society these days! There's too much evil and greed and drug raddled brains in the world, while too many governments do nothing about it! 
IP Logged

What does this tell us about the society we live in.

Not much actually - violent crime has actually decreased every year since 2000.

Modern mass media means that you'll hear about the horrible stuff more often than you would have in the past.
IP Logged

Modern mass media means that you'll hear about the horrible stuff more often than you would have in the past.

I agree with you, Phil.

There have been so many abhorrent acts committed over time that have yet to reach the light of day.
IP Logged

It appears that things have taken a darker turn as to why anyone would want to kill Becky Watts. Apparently one of the two suspects who is being questioned on suspicion of murder is actually the son of Becky's step-mother Anjie, who is currently married to her father from a previous relationship. His girlfriend is the other suspect being questioned for murder.

Could the motive be that he feels maybe Darren (Becky's father) stole Anjie away from his life with his father, and so to spite Darren he decided he would go too far and murder Becky?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-stepbrother-girlfriend-quizzed-5268171
IP Logged

In the 19c there were child prostitutes on the streets of London, children worked and died in appalling conditions in mines and factories etc. etc  In the 20c women who had illegitimate children were put in mental institutions. etc etc Coming right up to 1948 Alan Turrig (spelling sorry) was offered the delightful choice of prison or chemical castration.
Just a couple of examples of state, leave alone individual, brutality. But I could fill pages and pages.
As Boogers says crime rates are falling and the state seems to be kinder these days. It's the modern mass media that makes us feel so overwhelmed by horrible events.
@Connor
And that's another thing. Murder is usually committed by someone known to the victim, not some nameless anonymous psycho lurking in the shadows.
IP Logged

In the 19c there were child prostitutes on the streets of London, children worked and died in appalling conditions in mines and factories etc. etc  In the 20c women who had illegitimate children were put in mental institutions. etc etc Coming right up to 1948 Alan Turrig (spelling sorry) was offered the delightful choice of prison or chemical castration.
Just a couple of examples of state, leave alone individual, brutality. But I could fill pages and pages.
As Boogers says crime rates are falling and the state seems to be kinder these days. It's the modern mass media that makes us feel so overwhelmed by horrible events.
@Connor
And that's another thing. Murder is usually committed by someone known to the victim, not some nameless anonymous psycho lurking in the shadows.

Indeed, I was actually waiting for it to be said that the murderer is someone 'much closer to home' for young Becky.
IP Logged

They have charged the stepbrother with Becky's murder. I hope the girlfriend is told the same and not set free.
IP Logged

They have charged the stepbrother with Becky's murder. I hope the girlfriend is told the same and not set free.
I've just seen that too but as it's breaking news there isn't any more information just yet.  I suppose he thought he wouldn't be caught if he dismembered her body - not the first murderer to do so, unfortunately.
IP Logged

This is banned in India. Sensitive topic, it seems. And Youtube had it removed too.
It's not even the rapists, it's the lawyer who annoys me most in the documentary.
Please watch before it's removed from here too.

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/news/banned-bbc-nirbhaya-documentary/
IP Logged

I watched it on TV last night. I couldn't believe what one of the rapist said he totally blamed  the girl. He said she should not have been out at that time of night and was not dressed modestly. You are correct the lawyer who represented the rapist was terrible blaming the girl for everything. Those attitudes put India in a poor light. It's time that women have a stronger voice and had the respect that is due to them. Men seem to get away with murder and women are  treated very poorly. I have also heard of acid being thrown at women for no specific reason.
IP Logged

I watched it on TV last night. I couldn't believe what one of the rapist said he totally blamed  the girl. He said she should not have been out at that time of night and was not dressed modestly. You are correct the lawyer who represented the rapist was terrible blaming the girl for everything. Those attitudes put India in a poor light. It's time that women have a stronger voice and had the respect that is due to them. Men seem to get away with murder and women are  treated very poorly. I have also heard of acid being thrown at women for no specific reason.

I'm glad it was telecast for you. More than the sensitivity of the issue, I think the fact that it's a BBC documentary is what people have a problem with.

The lawyer looks makes himself look uneducated. These men should be hanged. The way he casually talks about pulling her intestines. Sickening.
IP Logged

I'm glad it was telecast for you. More than the sensitivity of the issue, I think the fact that it's a BBC documentary is what people have a problem with.

The lawyer looks makes himself look uneducated. These men should be hanged. The way he casually talks about pulling her intestines. Sickening.
Like LB I too saw it on TV last night and was appalled and sickened by what I heard.  The Indian government shouldn't be shying away from this issue but trying actively to do something about it, particularly as they will lose credibility not only at home but on the international scene.
IP Logged

This has happened on several occasions and each time its hilarious. Criminals are so stupid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-31747012
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 620 [621] 622 623 624 ... 821 Reply