MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 ... 821 Reply

News Thread

You mean the same US that started a "war"/conflict in Iraq unprovoked and illegally?
IP Logged

You mean the same US that started a "war"/conflict in Iraq unprovoked and illegally?

Failing to see the connection to what I just posted.

I doubt few of us here agree with those wars but this has nothing to do with it. Islam has always claimed a special right to be offended and it's a joke Smile
IP Logged

?

As horrific as the attacks on the ambassador and his colleagues are, I'm not going to say that the US's hands are squeaky clean. Or have you forgotten the invasion of Libya by the US? And other Muslim-majority countries?
IP Logged

Failing to see the connection to what I just posted.

I doubt few of us here agree with those wars but this has nothing to do with it. Islam has always claimed a special right to be offended and it's a joke Smile

Stop editing your posts while I'm replying.

The connection being that if I was to say that the US is a violent nation, Americans would be appalled. So what does this meme show other than people get offended when we stereotype?
IP Logged

I was making a point about Islam and that alone. I have no intention of making any sort of point about a country and its politics.

Islam's apparent special right to be offended is not a stereotype, it's a reality that has to stop.
IP Logged

Your point was not made. You chose to showcase a horrific crime that was made by individuals as an failed humorous attempt to generalize an entire religion and all the people who worship Islam.
IP Logged

All that picture was doing is showing the irony of the situation so I didn't understand the segway to the Iraq war.

The picture is just one of countless examples of violent Islamic protests when they get offended. You don't get this violent response to something so petty with any other religious or political organisation so I feel it's perfectly justified to point the finger at Islam. To disagree with my point because it doesn't involve every Muslim is to deny the reality of the situation we're in.
[ Last edit by Mark September 12, 2012, 07:55 pm ] IP Logged

A political discussion about a meme. What.
IP Logged

I wouldn't call it a meme and I don't think it was meant to be funny. Well, I didn't find it funny at least. But it's certainly in the visual format of your typical meme Smile
IP Logged

An alien metropolis or the solution to London's transport problems? Architects unveil futuristic plans for 'Boris Island' airport in Thames Estuary.

Looks like something out of Wall-E...

IP Logged

Devastating for bird life if put there Frown
IP Logged
Caz

All that picture was doing is showing the irony of the situation so I didn't understand the segway to the Iraq war.

The picture is just one of countless examples of violent Islamic protests when they get offended. You don't get this violent response to something so petty with any other religious or political organisation so I feel it's perfectly justified to point the finger at Islam. To disagree with my point because it doesn't involve every Muslim is to deny the reality of the situation we're in.
Mark, I agree with you on this! I believe most Islamists to be good people, but the bad ones are really, really bad and will use any excuse to murder 'the infidel'. This to me, is the most hideous form of blasphemy, as I cannot believe that 'any' God would want innocent blood spilled in his name!
IP Logged

And another attack by these Muslims this time on the US embassy in Yemen!

Obama needs to take a strong stance against this otherwise Republicans will successfully use it for their campaign. It's not just the militant Muslims that are to blame but also the governments of those countries not doing enough to protect the embassies.

Where does this all stem from? A bloody amateur video made in the US that got translated to Arabic on YouTube. Utterly pathetic.
[ Last edit by Mark September 13, 2012, 01:09 pm ] IP Logged

An alien metropolis or the solution to London's transport problems? Architects unveil futuristic plans for 'Boris Island' airport in Thames Estuary.

Looks like something out of Wall-E...

Looks like something that would be built in Dubai.

And I've never seen Wall-E.
IP Logged

Looks like something that would be built in Dubai.

And I've never seen Wall-E.

You should, it's a great film but I like Pixar films in general.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 ... 821 Reply