MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  Scottish politics
Poll
 If the referendum were held now, how would you vote?
YES to independence
NO to independence
Don't know

Pages: 1 ... 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 ... 521 Reply

Scottish politics

"what about". Not a good look, especially when your only differentiating factor is racism and piousness.
Your comments about the SNP are never a good look.
IP Logged

So what did we learn from the 8 hours of the  Salmond inquiry today, apart from what we already know, i.e. that Salmond is an egotistical, paranoid. sexual predator whose main aim is to bring the Scottish government down?

Aileen - it is very bizarre what Salmond’s actions are all about - his own defence stated that his behaviour was not in line with the office that he held and whilst he was cleared of criminal charges there was obviously concerns about his behaviours.  I read his book “The Dream will  Never Die” and Independence is and always has been his dream but it’s almost like he doesn’t want anybody else to deliver it for Scotland.   Alex Salmond must be mighty impressed with all these new “friends” he has from Tory, Labour and Lib Dem - when he was FM he was one of the most despised people in politics out with his own party!!!!
I watched bits of the inquiry yesterday - I thought NS answered  well and remained calm at all times despite the sometimes vitriolic way she was being questioned - judging  by the increase in membership for the SNP her appearance yesterday has had a positive impact on both her party and the Indy movement. 
It’s not about “whataboutery” as another poster commented - why are the same levels of scrutiny not in place across the U.K. if we are as they say “all together” in this.  Despite what your political beliefs are I bet there are very few people who believe Boris and Co could stand up to that level of questioning .
It is sheer hypocrisy what is happening and for Dross and Davidson to be shouting VONC when one is sloping off to the House of Lords and the other won’t stand in the elections for a constituency seat but is entering via the back door for a list seat defies actual belief!!!
Interesting few days coming up tho. 
As I have said are the SNP perfect -  No far from it but they offer the best deal as far as I can see.  Hence why it’s SNP 1 and 2 for me in May.
IP Logged

why are the same levels of scrutiny not in place across the U.K. if we are as they say “all together” in this.

There are.

It's just that nobody else in the other UK administrations has contrived to get a political rival put into prison ffs.

Can you imagine the utter uproar if Johnson attempted to do that? And then spent hours in front of a committee lying that he "didn't recall".

As I have said are the SNP perfect -  No far from it but they offer the best deal as far as I can see.  Hence why it’s SNP 1 and 2 for me in May.

^ this is a pretty sad insight into the zoomer world. The SNP have manifestly failed the people of Scotland, are blighted with corruption and are advocating a policy that will literally impoverish 5 million people. Yet you think "they offer the best deal".

Absolute lunacy. It's the same sort of blindness that leads Littlebuddha to reflexively defend Margaret Farrier. doh
IP Logged

Murray Magic - You are spot on.     No change in y beliefs either.    Ignore the hyenas.
IP Logged

"it's not a cult" lol
IP Logged

It's just that nobody else in the other UK administrations has contrived to get a political rival put into prison ffs.
Coming from somebody who regularly sneers at conspiracy theories, that is pretty rich.  Welcome to the Alex Salmond Paranoia Club because the truth is that the only person who could have got him sent to prison was himself due to his sexual harassment of female members of staff.
IP Logged

Someone hasn't read the submission from the government lawyers.
IP Logged

And someone seems to be overlooking the fact that the Inquiry committee have said that so far there's nothing to indicate that there was a conspiracy against Salmond.
IP Logged

See Ruth Davidson getting all hot and bothered over Nicola Sturgeon's interrogation yesterday. I had to laugh as wee Ruthie is only going to be in Scotland until the result of the next General Election. She is only waiting for her replacement if he wins a seat to take her place, Then she will be off to London to sit in the House of Lords as payment for staying in Edinburgh until the General Election. Amazing what money will do to make her change her mind.

Then if he is elected, part-time politician and full-time football referee Douglas Ross will be in charge that's if his football job does not come first (It usually does) and he is not sure to win if the fishermen in his constituency are too angry with his party because of the agreement signed by Boris Johnson over fishing rights in Scottish waters.

Nothing is written in stone hopefully he will get beaten and the Tories will have lost another Scottish seat.

[ Last edit by Littlebuddha March 04, 2021, 08:48 pm ] IP Logged

General Election

Nope.

I wonder... how is it that you're able to get so angry about something you clearly don't have the slightest understanding of?
IP Logged

As a result of Nicola's performance yesterday over 5,000 people have signed up to join the SNP - https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19136153.nicola-sturgeons-appearance-alex-salmond-inquiry-sparks-surge-snp-members/
IP Logged

Nicola was very good when she clashed with Ruth Davidson yesterday  yay
IP Logged

If by "very good" you mean "shaken and hesitant" then yes. lol
IP Logged

I meant determined and forceful, not shaken and hesitant!
IP Logged

Were you watching an old video?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 ... 521 Reply