MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  The Trump era
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 Reply

The Trump era

I'm not going to respond to your entire post because the level of stupid threatens to create a stupidity singularity, so it's best to leave it alone. However:

When a nation within the UK can ignore the wishes of the people of another nation within the UK it is not democracy.

It is democracy. The EU referendum gave equal weighting to the vote of every single eligible voter in the UK. Your problem is that you view everything through a nationalist lens, so "country" is the only unit you care about. In reality it's much more complicated than that. One of the fundamental features of Democracy is that there's always some grouping that doesn't get what it wants*. Your fixation on a meaningless line on a map just means you give more importance to one particular grouping.

Incidentally, if an independent Scotland joined the EU you'd have exactly the same issue.

* and this is of particular relevance to events in the US right now!
IP Logged

@ Aileen: PS Thank god we have Nicola Sturgeon she has more brain in her little finger than Boris Johnson has in his entire body. He is completely incompetent I wonder if smartarse boogers would agree or does he think Boris is a wonderful competent PM.
IP Logged

Thank god we have Nicola Sturgeon....

Not for much longer if your other hero Salmond gets his way!

Which of them is right do you think then? Oh and spare us the 'Salmond is not perfect, but..' line, that shipped has long  sailed.
IP Logged

If this ends up being politically fatal to Sturgeon, who's her likely successor? It's going to be one of the UDI bampots, isn't it?
IP Logged

Quick look on oddschecker indicates what a desperate search it could be - Yousaf favourite (!), followed by Swinney (lol), then Robertson ( mega lol), then it just gets beyond bad
IP Logged

..to get back on topic though, Cruz getting a mocking back home Smile

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/Editorial-Resign-Senator-Cruz-Your-lies-cost-15857293.php
IP Logged

@ Booger usual anti-SNP drivel. When Scots take part in marches for Scottish Independence they do not riot  They join together to show support for an independent Scotland IT IS CALLED DEMOCRACY. It's in capitals in case your eyesight is poor because you are blind to reality.

Oh and do get off your high horse, your countrymen and women as I have seen in various newspapers want Independence for England they look on Scots as leeches their words, not mine. I would quite happily say wonderful it would be so nice to be free of such nasty people.

Who would want to have those kinds of neighbours anyway? As to your bullshit about borders, they can be crossed by other methods have you not heard of ships or planes. Also, you appear to think that England would be our only trading party it's a big world out there I am sure we would be able to trade with other countries, not just England.

Lots of possibilities, unlike you I don't think England or London is the centre of the universe.

IP Logged

Littlebuddha, could you take your ethnic nationalist rantings to the appropriate thread? I'd be happy to correct your misunderstandings there.

Cruz has definitely hitched his wagon to the Trump movement, with an eye to 2024. Terrifyingly enough, it might well work.

I say "terrifyingly" not because I think Cruz would be a worse president than Trump (unless he actually is the Zodiac Killer), but because it'd set the precedent for someone even worse later on.
IP Logged

Smile

* FB_IMG_1610285939936.jpg (37.93 KB. 500x500 - viewed 153 times.)

IP Logged

In the past, laying some blame on Antifa regarding some Trump related scuffles was justified. But it's absurd here, yeah.

Plenty of footage and interviews throughout the coup attempt make it abundantly clear this was solely a right-wing extremist event.
IP Logged

It looks like they can't get rid of Trump fast enough - but it's doubtful if Pence will invoke the 25th Amendment, in which case impeachment is the only option.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/11/pelosi-says-house-will-proceed-with-efforts-to-remove-trump-with-urgency-25th-amendment

[ Last edit by Aileen January 12, 2021, 10:52 pm ] IP Logged

I think if impeached he would lose future massive benefits and not be able to run again in 2024.

If he were to go out via the 25th amendment he could probably not be charged as a criminal as he would be sort of already certified nuts.

I'd be ok with the first option.

[ Last edit by adb..OH January 11, 2021, 07:49 am ] IP Logged

I think if impeached he would lose future massive benefits and not be able to run again in 2024.

Only if he was convicted, which likely won't happen as that needs 2/3 majority. It would make he the first president to get impeached twice though.
IP Logged

So impeachment it is -

"Donald Trump is facing a historic second impeachment after Democrats in the House of Representatives formally charged him with one count of “incitement of insurrection” over the Capitol Hill riot."

Meanwhile security measures are being stepped up for the inauguration ceremony.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/11/trump-impeachment-house-democrats-charge-president-with-incitement-of-insurrection
IP Logged

Pro-impeachment Republicans using the slogan - 'Pence's Life Matters'.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 Reply