MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  U.S. Presidential Election 2016
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 237 Reply

U.S. Presidential Election 2016

In other news, I see Hillary has just had her 'Romney 47%' moment by calling half of Trump voters "a basket of deplorables". Risky move, let's see if that pays off.

She's right though.
IP Logged

For those who aren't sure what those ideologies are, we're talking about a ethno-nationalist core, anti-semitism, white supremacy, anti-miscegenation, anti-feminist, etc the list gets pretty long...

Some of those ideologies have been embraced by the left as well - anti-semitism and anti-feminism have been enthusiastically embraced by the Corbynistas for example.
IP Logged

Though from what I've seen the anti-feminism of today is completely different to that of a decade ago. The pro-feminist movement of today is more about male suppression than equality and so I see much of the anti-feminism right now as fighting back against that sexism.
IP Logged

Though from what I've seen the anti-feminism of today is completely different to that of a decade ago. The pro-feminist movement of today is more about male suppression than equality and so I see much of the anti-feminism right now as fighting back against that sexism.

Mm that accusation has been made at nearly each stage of its development - its never been true as far as I can see, and i have read a great deal of feminist literature and criticism of it.

You often get recycling of some extreme quote or other that is then taken to typify alleged misandry
IP Logged

In other news, I see Hillary has just had her 'Romney 47%' moment by calling half of Trump voters "a basket of deplorables". Risky move, let's see if that pays off.

Master stroke.  Because far more Americans will agree with her than be annoyed.
IP Logged

Mm that accusation has been made at nearly each stage of its development - its never been true as far as I can see, and i have read a great deal of feminist literature and criticism of it.

You often get recycling of some extreme quote or other that is then taken to typify alleged misandry
Yep. thumb up  Don't get me started on how  feminist ideas  have been attacked and discredited.
IP Logged

Some of those ideologies have been embraced by the left as well - anti-semitism and anti-feminism have been enthusiastically embraced by the Corbynistas for example.

Corbyn has certainly been incredibly useless at fending off charges on those issues.

There are lots of ways he could have tried to answer, but he always trots out (get it!)  the 'i oppose all forms of discrimination' line. Totally fails to respond to the specific challenges - pathetic for a Labour leader
IP Logged

Corbyn has certainly been incredibly useless at fending off charges on those issues.

There are lots of ways he could have tried to answer, but he always trots out (get it!)  the 'i oppose all forms of discrimination' line. Totally fails to respond to the specific challenges - pathetic for a Labour leader

Yeah, I don't understand that at all. Why always equivocation?
IP Logged

She's right though.
Master stroke.  Because far more Americans will agree with her than be annoyed.

She's just apologised which is surprising considering she expresses regret about as often as Trump does. Perhaps seeing all the Republicans unite, including Bill Kristol, against an attack on the Trump campaign got her a little worried.

"Last night I was 'grossly generalistic,' and that's never a good idea. I regret saying 'half' -- that was wrong."
[ Last edit by Mark September 10, 2016, 08:22 pm ] IP Logged

She's just apologised which is surprising considering she expresses regret about as often as Trump does.

"Last night I was 'grossly generalistic,' and that's never a good idea. I regret saying 'half' -- that was wrong."

Twisting the knife,
IP Logged

she expresses regret about as often as Trump does

To be fair, she isn't a racist, homophobic, islamaphobic, misogynistic, demntia-suffering halfwit - so the opportunities to express regret are rather limited.
IP Logged

Mark, you follow the doings of Trump. Has he said anything on the economy recently? I haven't heard anything since the hilarious utterances in early June (a "plan" which would trigger a global recession of Great Depression scale.)
IP Logged

Twisting the knife,

lol It does appear to be very carefully scripted, doesn't it?
IP Logged

For the conspiracy theorists out there

http://uncensoredmagazine.co.nz/product-category/current-issue/

This isn't the current issue Btw. That has Hilary on the front and will she steal the election. I don't read it but says she keeps having seizures and that Trump is ahead in the polls. dontknow

Oh, quick search on google and I find this

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/709081/Hillary-Clinton-health-US-presidential-election-year-vascular-dementia-claim
[ Last edit by Bevc September 10, 2016, 08:42 pm ] IP Logged

To be fair, she isn't a racist, homophobic, islamaphobic, misogynistic, demntia-suffering halfwit
When did you start writing for Vox? Wink

Mark, you follow the doings of Trump. Has he said anything on the economy recently? I haven't heard anything since the hilarious utterances in early June (a "plan" which would trigger a global recession of Great Depression scale.)

Have you noticed that neither candidate talks about policy much anymore? It's all about influencing the feelings of the voter by framing the other on an emotional level.

I cannot wait for the debate in two weeks. Hillary will win on substance but what is going to make the impact is who wins on personality. Big opportunity for both there.
[ Last edit by Mark September 10, 2016, 08:50 pm ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 237 Reply