MurraysWorld  >  Columns  >  The 2010 US Open : a brief preview
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply

The 2010 US Open : a brief preview

Interesting preview - thanks.  And for those with Sky there's another preview at 7pm this evening on Sky 2. 
Lucky you Jan getting HD.  I was staying at a friend's on my way home on Friday and they had the test match on on HD and it sure made a difference.  He said tennis looks just great with it.   Ooh it's tempting, but it will have to wait . At least I've got Sky+ essential for those overnight matches, as Daisy points out,  for those of us who aren't night owls.

Does it really make a huge difference ?  Like you say .... tempting.  My television is an HD one, so all I'd have to do is cough up to SKY ..... some more!!  Wonder how much it is ....
IP Logged

It's amazing the difference in picture, you can see the detail on peoples faces in the crowd, just a beautiful image, sound quality is better too obviously.
IP Logged

It's amazing the difference in picture, you can see the detail on peoples faces in the crowd, just a beautiful image, sound quality is better too obviously.

Oh heck, it sounds terrific  ..... how much, do you know? 
IP Logged

Oh heck, it sounds terrific  ..... how much, do you know? 

Depends where you are. If you're in Scotland just now, I think the Sky HD package is an extra £10 a month. The real cost is getting their HD box, though. That's around £200.
IP Logged

Depends where you are. If you're in Scotland just now, I think the Sky HD package is an extra £10 a month. The real cost is getting their HD box, though. That's around £200.

I'd forgotten that there would be a "box" involved ..... hmmmm .....
IP Logged

Just had a look .... think it is only £60 for the box ....

http://www.sky.com/shop/supertelly/home/upgrade-to-supertelly/
IP Logged

Just had a look .... think it is only £60 for the box ....

http://www.sky.com/shop/supertelly/home/upgrade-to-supertelly/

Strange. They must have changed things drastically since last summer. We paid £200 for the box.
IP Logged

Strange. They must have changed things drastically since last summer. We paid £200 for the box.

I may have misread it .... there are so many options ... but I think it is £60 if you already have SKY+ as well as multi room.  I suppose the best way to find out would be for me to call them.  For £60 it is VERY tempting....
IP Logged

I may have misread it .... there are so many options ... but I think it is £60 if you already have SKY+ as well as multi room.  I suppose the best way to find out would be for me to call them.  For £60 it is VERY tempting....

Yeah, I already had Sky when I switched to the HD Box, but we actually ended up getting 2 HD boxes. Maybe that's why we didn't get the discount price, since we had Sky in my room and Virgin in another.

If you can get that for £60, I wouldn't hesitate. You also have the benefit of Sky+, which is worth the £60 alone.
IP Logged

Yeah, I already had Sky when I switched to the HD Box, but we actually ended up getting 2 HD boxes. Maybe that's why we didn't get the discount price, since we had Sky in my room and Virgin in another.

If you can get that for £60, I wouldn't hesitate. You also have the benefit of Sky+, which is worth the £60 alone.

I already have SKY+ as well as multi room.  I'm just about to contact them and see if I am understanding what I'm reading ....
IP Logged

^ Will you let us know?  I've also got SKY+ and multi-room.  My box downstairs has been playing up something rotten, and I was intending looking into how much an HD box would cost. 
IP Logged

Just got the box and installation free of charge .... just have to pay the monthly HD charges.
IP Logged

Just got the box and installation free of charge .... just have to pay the monthly HD charges.
Fantastic!  Thanks...
IP Logged

And, they're coming to install it this coming Thursday .... PURRFECT timing for the second week of the Open ....
IP Logged

^ Indeed!  I'm on the case...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply 
+ Quick Reply